SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 1989 Gibson SG standard now £700

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7222
edited October 2016 in Guitars £
I picked up this gorgeous guitar from a lovely chap on here in P/X a few months back. I planned to flip it but really enjoyed playing it so it stuck. Unfortunately I now need to raise some cash so it's got to go.  I've cut and pasted some of the original ad below as Nick knows his stuff and his description is better than mine would be (as are his pictures - ta Nick !)

'......definitely the best SG I have ever played. Beautiful deep cherry red, rare side input. Set up by one of the best guitar techs in the UK (seriously - Pixies and Radiohead).

All original except a vintage (early 80's) Dimarzio PAF at the bridge. Original Pickup included, but I couldn't make it happen. PAF sounds insanely good in any case, and worth a fair bit of its own.

A few tiny dings on the front as seen in pics, but nothing worth writing home about. £780 collection, £800 delivered includinghardcase. And you will be so happy!.......'

Now on the market for £750.....Now £700 plus delivery and yes it is gorgeous :-)

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/ndrfowler/Mobile Uploads/SG 2_zpsnhrmdyqc.jpg

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/ndrfowler/Mobile Uploads/SG_zpsfm4tbavs.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Wow, that is epic!
  • Cheers Elwood and another one I don't want to sell , we were going to redo the kitchen this year but we are now moving house instead - I can't keep up !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • how big is the neck Dr C?

• Ha :-) you are now the 4th person to ask that John.

its slim and fast in my opinion , certainly slimmer than my LP studio. It sounds like a few folks out there are after the fat necked variety though !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    I always wondered why in the 80's Gibson moved the p/up selector switch so close to the knobs, and put the input on the side, and then it went back again to the original layout (perhaps re input it wanted the SG to be akin to a Les Paul?).    
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    Dont suppose you fancy a swap for an SG Standard P90? Long shot, worth asking!
  • Thanks Moz and worth a shot but I need some cash !
  • 'Tis true. She was my baby. And it's a corker. If I was a bit more cash rich I'd buy it straight back off you Con!

Amazing price too. You know you want too...
  • Cheers Nick, I actually prefer the SG to that 'other' Gibson you've played but Jo would kill me if I sold that one :-)

If I could sell the Gretsch I reckon I'd keep this so someone please buy my Gretsch !
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Where are you? Would need to try it.
  • HH I'm in Dorchester , Dorset which for you is about 80 minutes south of Bath
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    bugger, i was down your neck of the woods last weekend!!!!

• That's good , you know the way then ;-)
  • How far are you from Bath , HH as I could whizz up there one Saturday, the wife and kids always enjoy a day up there spending my money 
  • If you happen to be in Manchester any time in the near future I'd love to try it, and most likely buy it! Looks glorious
  • Thanks Tom, I'd love a weekend in Manchester - ideally watching Crystal Palace beat Man Utd but I can't see me getting up there soon unfortunately.
  • Now down to £730 delivered in the UK, that's as low as I can go without feeling like I'm giving it away.

• Sold !