Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'd love to be back in education

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Just finished a part-time M level course and really enjoyed being back in the uni environment. 
    Lots of reading, lots of thinking and discussions, and practical skills too. 
    I agree that web is good and has so much information but what you don't get is the chance to try your understanding out -- to practice and rehearse and hone what you've learned.  You need others for that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Skarloey said:
    What do you want to study mate?
    Interesting question, probably one of History of art, fine art, philosophy, psychology, guitar building, ancient civilisation, music. 
    As a very broad generalisation history of art / fine art / philosophy / ancient civilisation degrees mainly consist of reading lots and lots and lots of books and then writing essays and having discussions. No reason not to read all the books in your own time for free! Alternatively I'm sure there are appropriate OU courses you could follow.

Also, most universities now have lots of their stuff online and you should be able to find a syllabus and reading list for, say, the first year of a history of art degree. Then you can structure your own reading around that. 

Good luck. 
  • From today, I is a student again!

Doing 2 years of a 3-year LLM (Masters in Law, but bailing out at the Diploma stage) course part time, through work (they're paying). It's interesting, but it doesn't interest me a tenth of what physics does, which I studied up to PhD level. I haven't had to write an essay since I did a Sociology O-level in 1984, but I'm sure I'll be fine.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    For me, the advantage of a course is that I work better with a structure.