Best push push pot to buy?

They seem quite hard to find generally. Can anyone recommend a good source?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RS do the Bourns push pull ones for sensible prices
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/potentiometers/7703078/

But TBH the push push ones from axetec have worked fine for me
    http://axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_053.htm

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    FX_Munkee said:
    RS do the Bourns push pull ones for sensible prices
    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/potentiometers/7703078/

But TBH the push push ones from axetec have worked fine for me
    http://axetec.co.uk/guitar_parts_uk_053.htm

Thanks. Any idea what the difference is between the axetec 01 and 02?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72920
    I don't see an 02, but 01 is push-pull and 03 is push-push.

Also, as usual they have the volume and tone control tapers the wrong way round. Log for tone, log or linear for volume (although I would still use log usually).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    I sell push-push pots - mine have a brass 3/8" bush like the Bourns.
    I sell far more of these than push-pull pots.
    http://www.axecaster.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=126

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2972
    tFB Trader
    After two alphas got iffy I'd use something else next time. They both stopped clicking securely after a few months.
    I've never understood the hype about Alpha. Generic poor-quality far-east pots whether it's these, the crappy plastic ones in modern Marshalls or anything in between other than their original full-diameter guitar pots which are OK... but not great.

Just my experience/opinion of course.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    I don't see an 02, but 01 is push-pull and 03 is push-push.
    Yeah, me being thick on both counts! Ta
    I bought the axetec, but I'm not impressed it will need replacing.

The switching works fine but the output gradation runs from about 2 to 5 on the scale, then everything above 5 is max. I'm used to a much more subtle volume control. 

axisus said:

The switching works fine but the output gradation runs from about 2 to 5 on the scale, then everything above 5 is max. I'm used to a much more subtle volume control.
    Is it a linear pot?

Although cheap Logs often have a track made from two sections of Linear and can do that too.

That's the main reason I prefer to use push pots (either type) only on tone controls, not volume.

ICBM said:
    axisus said:

Is it a linear pot?

Although cheap Logs often have a track made from two sections of Linear and can do that too.

That's the main reason I prefer to use push pots (either type) only on tone controls, not volume.
    Actually I was thinking I'd bought Log, but I've just checked and it is indeed a linear (oops!). Do you think it would make much difference to try a log one?
    Yes, should do - even if it's the cheap type it will still be better.