Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Seasick Steve made up his hobo past shock

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    So, with this revelation can we be sure of anything? is Alice Cooper really a small boy named Steven? Are the White Stripes brother and sister? Are Daft Punk really robots? Is Mick Jagger really Lucifer?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Fretwired said:

For the prosecution: the first Led Zep album. Black bluesmen ripped off and given no credit - Zep weren't the only  ones. Not sure what slaves have to do with it - slavery was abolished in Britain in 1833 and the USA in 1865. Most experts agree that blues originated from African Americans around the end of the 19th century long after slavery ceased to exist.  Suggest you do some research.

Although slavery had indeed been abolished blacks, particularly in the southern states, were often still treated appallingly. Although they were paid, it was often in 'coinage' that could only be used at the plantation store where the prices were artificially high thus keeping them permanently in debt. Long hours, no education (it was reckoned that workers who were educated were more likely to unite and fight for better pay and conditions), often slavery in all but name.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    HAL9000 said:
    Fretwired said:

For the prosecution: the first Led Zep album. Black bluesmen ripped off and given no credit - Zep weren't the only  ones. Not sure what slaves have to do with it - slavery was abolished in Britain in 1833 and the USA in 1865. Most experts agree that blues originated from African Americans around the end of the 19th century long after slavery ceased to exist.  Suggest you do some research.

Although slavery had indeed been abolished blacks, particularly in the southern states, were often still treated appallingly. Although they were paid, it was often in 'coinage' that could only be used at the plantation store where the prices were artificially high thus keeping them permanently in debt. Long hours, no education (it was reckoned that workers who were educated were more likely to unite and fight for better pay and conditions), often slavery in all but name.
    Erm...so basically the same setup as in the mills in England and Scotland then?  Only some 40 per cent of British soldiers in the trenches in 1914 had the right to vote until the Parliamentary Reform Act was passed in 1918.  Little facts like these boil my piss when it comes to the typical white man's guilt perpetuated by academics in the USA that I am apparently supposed to bare, even though I am English and without them history is distorted.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Wait,  so.... Insane Clown Posse,  The grid and Daft punk may not be showing their true selves? 
    *feeling woozy*