Post yer 5W beauties

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    edited January 2014
    I had one of these until was no longer a relevant part of my setup. For just £58 new and delivered was pedal money! Ran it through a Celestion V30 2x12... sold it for £84 !

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• Current amps....Love these low watt beauties.

2 Watt...

and 9 Watt..

Long gone .....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    edited January 2014

@CloudNine - is that your Thai Mail Order Bride catalogue you got there??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    @57 Deluxe  It's a Bollywood book. Not mine, wife is Indian. Really don't get the Bollywood thing at all, silly outfits, bad dancing, worse music.  :-S

I wasn't aware you could get such things as 'Thai Mail Order Bride catalogues', but you seem well informed, tell us more. :D

@ourmaninthenorth Ooooh. Love the Emery Sound. Always had an eye out for one, but very rarely come up 2nd hand in the UK..  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ CloudNine...thanks pal. I've often toyed with the idea of moving mine on, until I turn it on!!! Would you like me to give you a shout if it comes up for sale? 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4264
    Aye, keep me posted man. Although I am currently in sell mode after some recent unplanned GAS....  
  • TTony said:
    I had one of these little chaps

Now benefitting from the use - and TLC - of @Phil_aka_Pip
    Under-rated* amplifiers! The Harley-Benton GA5 likewise.

* Not in power output terms but in terms of perceived quality. Having said that, my GA5 has been used for 2 years running in the pit in Stowmarket Regal for the panto and nobody has said it's not loud enough.

The Epi VJ was a good GAS. Replacing its i/p valve improved its behaviour a lot. It still isn't as "quiet" as the GA5, but I suspect a new o/p valve would make it so. 'Tis my pleasure to give it a good home :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72484
    At first I thought the Valve Juniors were massively over-rated and sounded poor - but they had a circuit design error which completely strangles the tone. The later ones and the Harley Bentons have it fixed, or you can modify the original VJ very easily. (Without even buying parts - just swap R1 with R6 :). That cures most of the boxiness and muddiness the stock circuit has at a stroke.)

They're actually quite well-made, yes - the pot is a bit flimsy, but the rest of it is quite decent and it makes an excellent platform for upgrades.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• My converted Ferrograph. (Hope the link works, not easy doing this on an iPhone)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    CloudNine said:
     Ooooh. Love the Emery Sound. 
    you are awful
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8494
    Here are 6 of mine; 

>:D<
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Sorry @cirrus, that's 4 x 7 watters, don't qualify .. B-)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72484
    edited January 2014
    ESchap said: Sorry @cirrus, that's 4 x 7 watters, don't qualify ..

No, it is four 5-watters - just hooked up so you get more in total than the sum of the parts, which is the whole point of Class AB (which of course it is ;) )… but it still doesn't qualify :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Just give me a lol and move on you cunts.  :P
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2014
    ICBM said:
    ESchap said:
    Sorry @cirrus, that's 4 x 7 watters, don't qualify ..

No, it is four 5-watters - just hooked up so you get more in total than the sum of the parts, which is the whole point of Class AB (which of course it is ;) )… but it still doesn't qualify :).

Those magic VOX electrons; defy all accepted quantum physics laws to keep those AC30's in class A, it's true, I read it on the Gear Page  :-O

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cirrus said:
    Just give me a lol and move on you cunts.  :P

OK if it makes you feel better .... :)
    Can I submit this instead?

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    bertie said:
    CloudNine said:
     Ooooh. Love the Emery Sound. 
    you are awful

"What's that going across the deck?"

"That's a hawser"

"Ooh. I like her dress."

Classic! :D

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7488
    edited January 2014
    ESchap;131299" said:
    ICBM said:

ESchap said:

Sorry @cirrus, that's 4 x 7 watters, don't qualify ..

Those magic VOX electrons; defy all accepted quantum physics laws to keep those AC30's in class A, it's true, I read it on the Gear Page  :-O
    I just read about 'note flipping' which is a Dumble thing on TGP.

After listening to a few clips, I successfully made my Bandit get some note 'flips' by... Er... Plucking the string up and adding a bit of overdrive with the route 66. It's basically a note with a lot of attack.
  • My Cornford Carrera.  It has an 8pin or 9 pin valve selector which means it is switchable from 5W to 8W.

12" Celestion Vintage 30 in a full sized pine dove-tailed cab.

A real beaut ....... and for sale on here right now!
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com