Essential PS4 games?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3080
    edited October 2016
    Battlefront for the older one, maybe? FIFA 17? My lad is 11 and has been playing the series since FIFA 11. (edit- just read your op.. sorry).
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Before I got him that disney infinity shit mine really liked lego marvel avengers. He got loads of hours out of that one.
    The lego batman 3 was a bit tough for him for some reason but he's only 5.
    Little big planet was too hard for him as well but I bet the 8 year old would enjoy it.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    The Last of Us is going to scare the crap out of 5 and 8 olds!!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    DefaultM said:
    Before I got him that disney infinity shit mine really liked lego marvel avengers. He got loads of hours out of that one.
    The lego batman 3 was a bit tough for him for some reason but he's only 5.
    Little big planet was too hard for him as well but I bet the 8 year old would enjoy it.

Aye we had LBP on the PS3 before the ex sold it from under them. I loved it!
    paulk said:
    The Last of Us is going to scare the crap out of 5 and 8 olds!!! 

Angus loves scary shit! And Tomb Raider, good 'thinker' that series.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    Get a driving game for the dad....Just spent the weekend playing Forza Motorsport on Xbox One with my lads...things sure have moved on since the Atari 2600 console in the late 70's
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Fallout 4, skyrim, overwatch, last of us
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    andyoz said:
    Get a driving game for the dad....Just spent the weekend playing Forza Motorsport on Xbox One with my lads...things sure have moved on since the Atari 2600 console in the late 70's
    Project Cars is stunning 
    Red ones are better. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    TimmyO said:
    andyoz said:
    Project Cars is stunning 
    It's a very good game but it should be said it's not an arcade type driving game. It's physics engine is very touchy and you really need to concentrate and drive the cars as close to real life as possible otherwise you'll end up spun out on the grass every time. 
    grungebob said:
    TimmyO said:
    andyoz said:
    Project Cars is stunning 
    It's a very good game but it should be said it's not an arcade type driving game. It's physics engine is very touchy and you really need to concentrate and drive the cars as close to real life as possible otherwise you'll end up spun out on the grass every time. 
    I really like that you can't just jump from one car series to another with impunity - you need to learn to drive each level - hell even in the early career mode when you go from one type of kart to another it took some effort :-) 

Racing a lowish-level series at Spa is like a dream come true :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    Sesh said:
    marcus449 said:
    Ratchet and Clank, a classic and hours of fun!

Is the PS4 version any good? I've played the PS2 and PS3 versions to death.
    Really good, I'd say just as good, if not better that the original versions. (I played them to death as well)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I have a ps3 set up for my nephews who are ten and eight years old. It's just full of downloaded Lego games and minecraft. 
    I wouldn't think uncharted or the last of us would be suitable at all! 
    Definitely avoid the inifinity and dimensions series that could work out very expensive quite quickly.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24364
    The reboot of Gauntlet is cheap and great fun for co-op gaming.
    DrJazzTap said:
    I have a ps3 set up for my nephews who are ten and eight years old. It's just full of downloaded Lego games and minecraft. 
    I wouldn't think uncharted or the last of us would be suitable at all! 
    Definitely avoid the inifinity and dimensions series that could work out very expensive quite quickly.
    I didn't pick up on the age thing - just replied to the title lol 
    Red ones are better.