SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Strat Plus With Replacement Fender Neck

What's Hot
DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
edited October 2016 in Guitars £

Selling my Fender "Strat Plus" in Pewter, which I picked up on here a few months back. I say "Strat Plus" as there are a few caveats...

I bought it on the understanding it was a Strat Plus with a licensed replacement neck, however when I received it I discovered it didn't have the TBX circuit either, so if you're expecting it to have that then this isn't the guitar for you...unless you fit one of course.

Regardless, it's a solid player and even better since I added a Fender 60th Anniversary neck which I also bought on here. It has a ding in the back but it's never been noticeable to me whilst playing and I'm pretty picky when it comes to the backs of necks. I've rubbed this one down with some 0000 steel wool, so it feels v slick. Frets are good with very little wear. Only dings are a couple to the body which aren't noticeable and hard to picture.

It's pictured with a DiMarzio Injector prewired guard (marks are the cellophane which is still on there) but will be sold with the original guard and Lace Sensor Golds it came with. I'll update the photos, once I've put it back on.

It also includes a non original hard case.

So all in all, definitely not a true Strat Plus anymore, but a brilliant sounding and playing Fender Strat nevertheless. I'm selling as I now have an EJ Strat which will do me. I'm only looking to get back on this what I put in, so am asking £450 PPG plus shipping.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited October 2016
    Nice guitar n all but there is absolutely nothing strat plus about it even if there ever was....i mean a strat plus was a bog standard American strat with the following upgrades. .....Wilkinson or later LSR roller nut, lace sensors, locking tuners sperzel or later schaller brushed chrome. The tbx was standard anyway on all usa strats then also. Since all these are missing you now have a 90s American standard strat for sale.  the 2 string trees thing was discontinued ahout 2004...so your 2005 neck must've been numbered late 2004. When they went to American series from American standard the dropped a string tree and rolled the edges of the fingerboard.  those string trees don't look like American fender ones either.  the lace sensors being included is a saving grace though and it does seem worth the asking price.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    edited October 2016
    Yes, I'm well aware of the Strat Plus spec, which is exactly why I wrote:

Selling my Fender "Strat Plus" in Pewter, which I picked up on here a few months back. I say "Strat Plus" as there are a few caveats...

It's also why it's priced in line with a Standard Strat 

If you'd prefer I can edit the post....but I believe it did start out as a Strat Plus. That's irrelevant now anyway as like you say most of the Strat Plus appointments are missing

Thanks for your endorsement on the price. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Lovely looking thing and a fine price. I'd have had Your hand off on this a few months ago when I was Strat hunting. Alas, that itch is scratched and limited funds and space mean I'm not in the game right now. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• As long as the buyer is aware that they are not getting a strat plus then no harm done.  I am lucky enough to own a 94 strat plus and it's the only guitar I would not sell.  Does yours have the hip shot or is that been replaced 
    No hip shot unfortunately. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    I have one of these necks on a partsocaster and theyre very good indeed. 
    Bump
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 838
    Out of interest, is this the same guitar as the one I advertised on behalf of a mate here: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/71456/sold-usa-fender-strat-plus-mighty-mite-hybrid#latest ;

If so, it sounds and looks great with the original Strat Plus pickguard in place. I remember the neck also being lovely (although at that time it had a Mighty Mite one).
    Yes it is!

And I totally agree. Mighty Mite neck was a bit big for me hence the swap. 

Bump
    Bump & price drop