Question about Kontakt Player (Noob question)

Hi guys, I'm using Reaper and looking to buy a few plugins, specifically this one: 

http://www.boldersounds.net/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=&products_id=123

It states: *Full version of Kontakt SAMPLER required. Will only run on the Kontakt PLAYER for 30 minutes in demo mode.*

Does this mean, if I download the free Player, I'm wasting my time buying this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    Yes.

You can get Komplete for about £300.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2202
    edited October 2016
    I'm a bit confused because it states.

Full version of Kontakt SAMPLER required. Will only run on the Kontakt PLAYER for 30 minutes in demo mode

Kontakt Player can be downloaded free, but based on the above statement, I think you'd need to buy the full version of Kontakt (£339) or get it with Komplete (£479). As far as I'm aware that would exclude the less expensive 'Komplete Select (£159) because that only includes the Player.

But I may have misunderstood things, because I'm sure I've purchased stuff in the distant past that had a licence that allowed it to work in the Kontakt Player.

It's not a competition.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1393
    edited October 2016
    I've got the free download. The plugin/VST is only 24 dollars, but not sure if it will work on the free player, according to what they say on the site. I've emailed the plugin crowd to be sure
  • Just heard back from the VST link guys. Seems like the free player wouldn't be good to use.
  • Some KOntakt based libraries do require the full version. It's a pain in the arse. Get saving. It's worth it :)

• Gah :( Unless anyone knows of any good harmonium plug ins in the meantime!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11963
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    Gah :( Unless anyone knows of any good harmonium plug ins in the meantime!
    Kontakt is awfully good. If all you want is a harmonium plug in then it's a bit spendy, but you get a huge sample library with it and access to lots of other plugins. Gear4Music have Komplete 10 for £280, now that 11 is out.

http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/Native-Instruments-Komplete-10/13C4

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Not sure I'd get the use out of it to be honest. It's just the plug in I'm looking for... :/
  • That might do! In fact, the traveller organ might be what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a similar sound to the one Sigur Ros would have used on their "unplugged" Heima album, not sure if it's a harmonium or pump organ.