Making Music sub forum? SotM, RotM

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    I've been joining in for quite a while now and can't say I've noticed any patterns in the voting.

Mind you, wait a minute, I haven't won anything yet....... it can't be lack of talent, my genius is beyond question after all..

and I'm sure I once heard @steamabacus and @stratman3142 ; sniggering together and looking my way :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1276
    edited October 2016
    kin said:
    I've been joining in for quite a while now and can't say I've noticed any patterns in the voting.

Mind you, wait a minute, I haven't won anything yet....... it can't be lack of talent, my genius is beyond question after all..

and I'm sure I once heard @steamabacus and @stratman3142 ;; sniggering together and looking my way
    I've never sniggered at anybody who has the guts to expose themselves artistically.  )

[Well, that didn't go as planned - should have been a sniggering smiley. Crankey forum software?]
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kin said:

and I'm sure I once heard @steamabacus and @stratman3142 ; sniggering together and looking my way :)
    I'm not sniggering, but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one that's paranoid on this forum.

I'm envious of those that are able to create the more artistic based entries, even if they don't win.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    I hope you both know I was joking.  it's quite difficult sometimes to get that across in a forum. someone once pointed out that a sarcasm font would be useful.
  • kin said:
    I hope you both know I was joking.  it's quite difficult sometimes to get that across in a forum. someone once pointed out that a sarcasm font would be useful.
    Absolutely. I seem to have a knack for posting things that are misinterpreted.
    It's not a competition.
  • Yes, of course I did @kin. :)

Sarcasm smiley? Well, there is a sticky-out tongue one now .... but will it work?

:P
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    If I recall correctly, either Riff or Raw Riff of the Month was won by an anonymous entry a while ago, and I'm not sure we ever found out who it was! I'd agree that the option to submit anonymously is sufficient, if someone is concerned that votes would be affected by people knowing who it was.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited October 2016
    I don't really mind, just a suggestion.  I won't be entering any more riffs or solos in the future, for reasons not discussed here.  
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 43
    I did the SofM for the first time, mainly because it was the first I'd spotted it. It was fun to do, and if I didn't do well I thought I can always fall back on the excuse that inovators are never appreciated at first, hell, they laughed at Chaplin.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3821
    Bumping this to try and generate a bit more interest.  If I can win...
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent