Anyone here a member of Scribd?

What's Hot
Is it worth paying for?  I see Hal Leonard have a load of books on there.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    I was - gave it up last month.

Great service and loads of the hal leonard books on there along with lots of other transcriptions and docs - found a really cool guitar world article on there teaching the full Vai crossroads suite......... :-)

My only frustration was that the docs are downloadable, but the stored books aren`t - working on a lap top the book transcriptions were v hard to read and I couldn`t find a basic zoom function on their online reader.

Used it when I joined a new band to get accurate transcriptions for sections I struggled to work out by ear. Gave it up because as always I don`t have the time to learn all I want to on an ongoing basis, but I`d def say try it for the cost of a few USD per month!

Neil 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    edited October 2016
    Bookzz.org for me...shed loads of hal leonard.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123 said:
    I was - gave it up last month.

Great service and loads of the hal leonard books on there along with lots of other transcriptions and docs - found a really cool guitar world article on there teaching the full Vai crossroads suite......... :-)

My only frustration was that the docs are downloadable, but the stored books aren`t - working on a lap top the book transcriptions were v hard to read and I couldn`t find a basic zoom function on their online reader.

Used it when I joined a new band to get accurate transcriptions for sections I struggled to work out by ear. Gave it up because as always I don`t have the time to learn all I want to on an ongoing basis, but I`d def say try it for the cost of a few USD per month!

Neil 

Ah I thought the paid subscription access would have allowed me to download the books and then I could take them into work and print out the pages I needed from a PDF file.    Shame....

Bookzz.org for me...shed loads of hal leonard.
    Ohhh, good site.  Thanks.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    DLM said:
    indeeed I am :) When I first joined I paid for a day/week (can't remember which), but it's so useful for teaching etc I ended up signing up.

There is LOADS of stuff on there. Some of the tab books aren't downloadable - I'm sure that some used to be, but that might have changed a bit. However, if you search a bit harder then you can usually find what you're after in downloadable format - a lot of people have scanned full tab books into pdfs, or individual songs, so it's pretty easy to get what you want most of the time. 

bingefeller said:
    Ah I thought the paid subscription access would have allowed me to download the books and then I could take them into work and print out the pages I needed from a PDF file.    Shame....

pretty much what I do - printouts are a lot easier. Also, with the pdfs, you can sometimes get the old Japanese tab books, which can be a bit more accurate. I've downloaded stuff like Vai's stuff with DLR, some old Extreme etc. Gimme a shout if there's anything in particular you're after and can't be arsed to sign up for - happy to download and send your way :)