Damn, just seen a tv ad with blasted xmas trees!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
SCS furniture, I hate you bastards. That is all.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What did they blast it with?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw the same ad when there was still a week of September left, the mind boggles.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Aldi had a load of christmas stuff in over the weekend - xmas puddings, chocolate coins, chocolate santas, festive packaged peanuts and crisps, some of that weird German spiced wine.
    I love christmas, but I prefer to wait until mid December before I see all the festive stuff.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited October 2016
    It's not Christmas in this house until Ken Bruce's Champion's League Pop Master has started on Radio 2
    Or until I hear Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses :)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    There has been Xmas stuff in the supermarkets for weeks. I popped into asda last week and they had hot cross buns, mince pies and Halloween cup cakes.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

I don't know why it riles me. It's so predictable. It happens every year. But I still get annoyed by the herd of people expressing faux rage at the Christmas season starting.

It's something I need to work on.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    There's only 82 days to go! Ho ho ho. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339

I don't know why it riles me. It's so predictable. It happens every year. But I still get annoyed by the herd of people expressing faux rage at the Christmas season starting.

Nothing faux about it, I f******* HATE anything xmas before December. I get royally pissed off. I seriously want to damage people who foist this stuff on me and drag it out as long as possible for maximum commercial gain. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Just 11 shopping saturdays to go. Or one on the 24th December for most of us men!
  • FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    I just had a turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce sarnie for breakfast... It's coming! 
  • I had my first Christmas Day table booking in August. So far I'm cooking for 20 people. 

• FRockStarFRockStar Frets: 140
    FRockStar said:
    I just had a turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce sarnie for breakfast... It's coming! 
    I wanted chicken & bacon BTW, but they now have less on the shelves to make way for the turkey & stuffing flavours, so the chicken & bacon were sold out! 
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    axisus said:

Nothing faux about it, I f******* HATE anything xmas before December. I get royally pissed off. I seriously want to damage people who foist this stuff on me and drag it out as long as possible for maximum commercial gain. 

You'll be OK.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    The furniture companies are the worst for it - I saw the first "delivered in time for Christmas" ad during American Dad last night.  You'd hope so, it's the 3rd of October. 

Anyway, who are these people buying expensive new sofas just in time for getting red wine, gravy, and melted Quality Street all down them?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    The drummer in my old band used to run a small double glazing company and he said the commonest request was to have the work done in time for Christmas. Doesn't seem very festive but I guess it's a convenient marker in the year, people like tasks done so they can relax more during the festivities and if you want to show off what you've spent money on then the rellies around at Christmas is the opportunity.

But I don't like the constant push to buy shit I don't need, I don't like being encouraged to fret about one day of the year so far in advance ( and I'll apply that to Easter, Halloween, bonfire night,etc) with it's set of unrealistic expectations and, more importantly, I think we should enjoy the seasons and seasonality more. There are reasons we have mince pies and not strawberries in December that make sense so I object to the unnecessary food miles when you f**k with all that and the accompanying inability to enjoy the rise and fall of it all.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    I don't know why this warrants surprise and rage every single year.

It's nearly as bad as the single rainy day in summer, when everyone breaks out in "LOL British summer gawd we never have sun".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    Bidley said:
    I don't know why this warrants surprise and rage every single year.

It's nearly as bad as the single rainy day in summer, when everyone breaks out in "LOL British summer gawd we never have sun".
    Certainly not rage from me, more a slight sense of irritation :)

I really like Christmas, it's one of my favourite times of year which is why I find it mildly annoying that it's dragged out so long.  It already feels like it's done three times over by the time I finish work and, just as I start to relax and really get into it on about the 22nd, they're already hammering the boxing-day sales ads just to let me know it's all over and finished before I've had chance to have a cheeky daytime beer.

Streaming TV and going nowhere near a retail establishment of any kind is the answer I've found.
  • randella said:
    The furniture companies are the worst for it - I saw the first "delivered in time for Christmas" ad during American Dad last night.  You'd hope so, it's the 3rd of October. 

Anyway, who are these people buying expensive new sofas just in time for getting red wine, gravy, and melted Quality Street all down them?
    It allows them to up the ante on selling you that all important, super duper, nothing will stain your sofa, covering they always try to sell you!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I've done 90% of my shopping. Did most of it in June. Pissed off being skint in December. Plus car insurance is due then. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • We've not even had Black Friday yet!