Fraser Guitars....Any Good?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    edited July 2019 tFB Trader
    Why come to the forum to interact if we now have to follow you to Facebook to see them?

Here is how to post pics...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54241/posting-pics-vids-soundclips-how-to#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wyanceywyancey Frets: 1
    lol I wish I was Dean he has a ton of guitars lol also if you wanna hear my green machine go to youtube and type in Fraser jam 123 I got together with my old bandmates and jammed for the first time in 3 years you can hear the tone monster I ordered a 12 radius on mine and the darkest rosewood he could find I wasn't suggesting you all follow me on facebook just if you wanted to see them or hear them I gave 1150 dollars for mine and love it to death only time I get a chance to be here since im new is at work when im bored lol I hope you like them.my first 2 have a modern c on them my newest one is to a 62 spec its a little chunky im still out on that one but the pickups are pretty sweet to in my opinion
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 160
    edited August 2020
    Apologies for bringing up a bit of a zombie thread, however, I thought this interesting for clarity with regards Fraser Guitars.

I have emailed them recently as the guitars look pretty nice and I was interested, however, this thread was lurking in the back of my mind. 

So, some of the previous posts were correct in that they USED to make their own bodies and necks exclusively. Now, they use a combination of both made in house and bought in bodies and necks made to their specs (from a company in the UK, but I don’t know who). I did ask how I get a made in house body and neck and apparently I wouldn’t get the choice. You get what you get! 

I have my own thoughts about this, but who am I to say.  Just thought in the interests of anyone who was going forward with them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • micamusedmicamused Frets: 19
    Hello guys,

any news on Fraser production, is he still selling from his website or anywhere else, where is the wood coming from those days, is it possible to place custom orders and be happy with Fraser's offer of wood,...? Any help appreciated :)
    tFB Trader
    micamused said:
    Hello guys,

any news on Fraser production, is he still selling from his website or anywhere else, where is the wood coming from those days, is it possible to place custom orders and be happy with Fraser's offer of wood,...? Any help appreciated :)
    Why don’t you ask him directly? 
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    micamused said:
    Hello guys,

Interesting. I’ve previously asked you where you’re “Fender headstock” necks are sourced and you refused to tell me. As others have also indicated, I’d be reluctant to order a pretty expensive custom guitar without knowing the provenance of key parts.
    tFB Trader
    TINMAN82 said:
    micamused said:
    Hello guys,

Interesting. I’ve previously asked you where you’re “Fender headstock” necks are sourced and you refused to tell me. As others have also indicated, I’d be reluctant to order a pretty expensive custom guitar without knowing the provenance of key parts.
    I don’t use fender licensed headstock necks on my own builds, Craig.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1890
    What happens if you place an order with a relic builder and ask for a guitar that doesnt look like its been used as a cricket bat for 40 years? Are you blacklisted?
  • micamusedmicamused Frets: 19
    I don't understand your point @guitarjack66 ... i mean almost all builders I know are doing non-relic guitars if you ask for it... relicing is time consuming and might not be really worth it depending on the time the luthier will spend on that part.

Anyway, @GoldenEraGuitars I don't ask Dean because I heard that the communication with him is not as fruid as it could be, and he could say anything to sell me a guitar, i prefer owners opinoins, which is the logical thing... I want to know out of 10 buyers, how many are happy with their Fraser for example...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1890
    micamused said:
    I don't understand your point @guitarjack66 ... i mean almost all builders I know are doing non-relic guitars if you ask for it... relicing is time consuming and might not be really worth it depending on the time the luthier will spend on that part.

Anyway, @GoldenEraGuitars I don't ask Dean because I heard that the communication with him is not as fruid as it could be, and he could say anything to sell me a guitar, i prefer owners opinoins, which is the logical thing... I want to know out of 10 buyers, how many are happy with their Fraser for example...
    My attempt at sarcasm has gone a bit awry.