Crossing a line?

What's Hot
professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
Ok so..........
I recently acquired a rather nice TC Flashback X4. 
its quite a lot of money to me for a pedal (despite being s/h and a great price)
the arrangement I struck with Mrs Professorben, was that I could buy the pedal outright, then pay the money back from the sale of my spare pedals, in addition, I would get a few niggling jobs done ( kitchen cabinets, tax return, insurance stuff etc etc)
I got the pedal, stuck it on the board Sat night, tested it, plumbed it all in (sounds epic) 
Spent all day Sunday hanging kitchen cabinets, which look rather spiffing if I do say so myself. 
Spent last night cracking on with Tax return after putting little boy to bed. 
Thought to myself, ah I fancy seeing what the tone print editor is like. 
Pull out my pedalboard, fire up the laptop and spend a moment looking at the TC Flashback X4 shaped hole on my board........
so she's opened up my board, extracted the said pedal and hidden it somewhere around the house, in lieu of the agreed jobs being completed. 
Fair? Unfair?
thoughts? 
" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
17reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 616
    The devil's in the details.....but ultimately, not on. If "not playing" the new pedal was part of the agreement until the jobs were done,  she should still have asked you to give her the pedal rather than just take it.
    Unless you are under 4 years old. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Brilliant! Haha.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    Build your pedalboard better :).

Some chancer tried to nick my Fuzz Factory off my pedalboard at a gig once, while I was back at the amp setting it up. He must have got quite a surprise when instead of velcro coming undone, he found himself lifting the entire 40lb+ pedalboard - the crash of it falling back down onto the stage made me spin round, to see him with his hand still above the pedal, looking very guilty and mumbling something about "I just wanted to see what it was"… yeah right.

My pedals are bolted down.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3054
    Grow a pair, mate.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Grow a pair, mate.
    This..........
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Beexter said:
    The devil's in the details.....but ultimately, not on. If "not playing" the new pedal was part of the agreement until the jobs were done,  she should still have asked you to give her the pedal rather than just take it.
    Unless you are under 4 years old. 
    She maintains that was the agreement, I'm not sure, I thought it was as long as I get stuff ticked off list I was ok to use it. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33846
    If she did it as a joke then it is hilarious.
    If she is serious then you have a second mum, not a wife.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 22reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Hide her shoes.
  • Sassafras said:
    Hide her shoes.
    Shit in her shoes, guerilla warfare 101
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:

This. I like her style, to be honest :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I'd be really concerned about the lack of trust in your relationship. Seriously.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited October 2016
    Richardj said:
    I'd be really concerned about the lack of trust in your relationship. Seriously.
    I regret the gps tracker she made me inject into my neck now. 

I think it's more a dammning indication of my organisation levels. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited October 2016

octatonic said:
    it does pose uncomfortable questions about some of the role playing we indulge in. 
  • Sassafras said:
    Hide her shoes.
    Our cat recently died, it used to pee in my work boots....... Oddly it's still happening. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Damn. Tax and insurance need doing so your only real comeback was the kitchen cabinets, but since they're done she's won this one...
  • Damn. Tax and insurance need doing so your only real comeback was the kitchen cabinets, but since they're done she's won this one...
    I've been outplayed.......
    I sorely underestimated her on this one, I figured I would at least partly enjoy the manly nature of some honest DIY, and thus completed that first, saving the less enjoyable tasks for later, with the 'carrot' of playing my new delay pedal afterwards.
    i tried broaching the subject at bedtime last night, but she skilfully cancelled out my attempt at a reproach, by taking her bra off and wandering around the bedroom 'looking' for her nightdress. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Sassafras said:
    Hide her shoes.
    Our cat recently died, it used to pee in my work boots....... Oddly it's still happening. 
    Then you have more problems with your wife than her simply hiding your pedals.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Haha! Funny as from an outsider.

However as said prior, if she is serious then it's a bit weird.

If it's good fun, get your own back at christmas.  Wrap a lot of empty boxes but hide the gifts until things get done!
  • If it was me and Mrs_bob, I'd have been pissed off.

If the list of shit jobs you have to do is fixed and finite, I guess she has a point- not so much if she can keep adding jobs to it until she feels like letting you have your pedal. I would have hashed out the fine detail of the deal in the first place so as not to have surprises like this. Personally, I think it's childish and manipulative and I wouldn't want to be with someone who thought that sort of behaviour was OK.

On the other hand, if your partner asks you to do a job and you say you will, you should really do it. If you don't, you put them in an a difficult position- do they nag? sulk? steal your pedals? 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• glynesglynes Frets: 131
    edited November 2019
    naughty
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom