Crossing a line?

What's Hot

Comments

• glynes said:
    Yup, it's not easy being male in this pussywhipped society that we live in. Foul feminism forced down our throats at every fucking avenue. If the roles were reversed you may find yourself arrested for domestic abuse but because she's female you simply have to either laugh it off or continue being some sort of subservient minion as well as the provider in the household.

Get a grip. Jeezo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    YANBU
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    YANBU
    A major Red Sea port in the Al Madinah province of western Saudi Arabia? 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    Have you tried whining about it online .. wait, yes, yes you have.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glynes said:
    Yup, it's not easy being male in this pussywhipped society that we live in. Foul feminism forced down our throats at every fucking avenue. If the roles were reversed you may find yourself arrested for domestic abuse but because she's female you simply have to either laugh it off or continue being some sort of subservient minion as well as the provider in the household.

Get a grip. Jeezo.
    This is the problem. There's a valid point somewhere, but conflating a single manipulative woman with "foul feminism forced down our throats at every fucking avenue" makes it pretty much certain that nobody's going to listen to the misogynist twat making it.

And yes, I appreciate the irony of calling someone both a misogynist and a twat in the same sentence.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    Haha! Funny as from an outsider.

However as said prior, if she is serious then it's a bit weird.

If it's good fun, get your own back at christmas.  Wrap a lot of empty boxes but hide the gifts until things get done!
    Hmmm Christmas 2014 she wrapped up a positive pregnancy test and hid it under the tree.......
    that was a surprise moment. 
    I think she has me beat at every turn. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • DesVegas said:
    Have you tried whining about it online .. wait, yes, yes you have.
    Venting dear boy...... Venting.  
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Change your sig to leave and let her see it ;)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Sassafras said:
    Hide her shoes.
    LOL I was about to suggest the same thing at the risk of sounding stereotypical etc lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As previously said if this was all in jest then let it go or indeed respond in kind, however...

I have a friend who receives sexual favours from his missus in exchange for doing chores. I find that deeply depressing! I think that tit-for-tat in relationships is incredibly unhealthy and me and mrs colourofsound don't do any of that sort of thing. If a job needs doing, one of us will do it. There is no 'reward'.

Similarly, I make no judgement or comment on how she spends her money, and she doesn't on how I spend mine. If said spending on either side began to jeopardise our day to day survival (bills etc) then that is a different thing, but otherwise what we do with our wages is our business.

All things being equal I assume that when she wants to spend a sum of money she bargains with you...?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited October 2016
    As previously said if this was all in jest then let it go or indeed respond in kind, however...

I have a friend who receives sexual favours from his missus in exchange for doing chores. I find that deeply depressing! I think that tit-for-tat in relationships is incredibly unhealthy and me and mrs colourofsound don't do any of that sort of thing. If a job needs doing, one of us will do it. There is no 'reward'.

Similarly, I make no judgement or comment on how she spends her money, and she doesn't on how I spend mine. If said spending on either side began to jeopardise our day to day survival (bills etc) then that is a different thing, but otherwise what we do with our wages is our business.

All things being equal I assume that when she wants to spend a sum of money she bargains with you...?
    ^ This for me too. A much more healthier relationship. I still get the guilt feeling though when I do buy something expensive. Like the feeling I'm getting for the Xotic Wah I'm after at the moment. It'll soon dissipate though LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • As previously said if this was all in jest then let it go or indeed respond in kind, however...

^ This for me too. A much more healthier relationship. I still get the guilt feeling though when I do buy something expensive. Like the feeling I'm getting for the Xotic Wah I'm after at the moment. It'll soon dissipate though LOL
    There's nothing wrong with that though - it's a good response to have. You're checking in with yourself that its okay. My partner says she goes through the same thing when buying stuff.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Divorce her and once she's got the house, child custody, half your money and all your friends, she'll be sorry.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • glynes said:
    Yeah, this forum is just dripping with foul feminism. I sometimes can't breathe for the acrid stench of femininity that seeps through my screen. I'm amazed the tight claw of matriarchy even allowed you to post that. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Divorce her and once she's got the house, child custody, half your money and all your friends, she'll be sorry.
    Who gets the pedal though?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    This thread just highlights the need for a properly written and signed contract when any agreement is made, there's just too much wiggle room otherwise. Amateurs.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I've successfully avoided so much DIY this year that the kids wrote out a list of "dad jobs" and put it on a pin board in the kitchen. Luckily my good lady isn't holding me to doing them before I get to do stuff I want for myself. :)
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    normula1 said:
    I've successfully avoided so much DIY this year that the kids wrote out a list of "dad jobs" and put it on a pin board in the kitchen. Luckily the board fell down because I hadn't fixed it up properly.
    FTFY
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Let her have it her way this time. I'm sure you take advantage plenty of other times.  I certainly do.

Not with your wife obviously.    
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2247
    edited October 2016
    Insensitive comment removed apologies