SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PENDING - JCM800 head (reissue) and JCM800 2x12 cab (original, not MDF) for sale.

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
edited October 2016 in Amps £
Needs must in the short term, so my precious is up for sale.

The head is a JCM800 2203x reissue head in perfect condition. Everyone knows *that* sound but I've been staggered by the clean sound and the master volume effectiveness. I ended up having much fun running it on the Lo input as a pedal platform, as well as the fun forays in to crunch.

This one is in a very dark blue Tolex (some sort of special run I presume) 

Bomb-proof construction and *that* sound.

£750 collected or delivered in a reasonable driving radius of Swindon, or plus insured courier postage.

The cab is an original JCM800 2x12 which sounds absolutely HUGE. I gather this one has done the rounds of the South Wales musical community being bought and sold to and fro among a small group - one of whom tipped me off to it (thanks @Jetfire
It looks its age close up but by god it sounds wonderful - a room filling sound either clean or crunchy. I gather it has the original speakers in, but they seem to have been so loosened up over time I had no intention of the 'internet received wisdom' upgrades.

£250 collected or 
delivered in a reasonable driving radius of Swindon, or plus insured courier postage.

I will split - the head can be sold on its own, but not the cab at this stage.

http://d.pr/i/CLOS

Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Just posting to say TimmyO is a top bloke and 2203s are fantastic amps, so if you're umming and ahhing you should definitely buy this.

I expect to be having a conversation with Tim in a year's time about how he regrets letting this go.

I'd get it, but I already have one JCM800 head in my mum's garage because there isn't space for it at mine!
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    Cheers Jonny.

I guess if we want to do that A/B comparison we talked about we best do it soon! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    Hell that went quick - too cheap? :-/ 
    Red ones are better.