Did Tubs do well? Potential Amazon Warehouse Bargain?

What's Hot
LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 908
Snared myself a Bugera V55 1 x 12" combo for 215 last night - condition described as Used, Good.

So...assuming it all works, does that feel like a decent price for a decent amp?  They actually seem to review well when you take the 'haters gonna hate' type comments out.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Paid £230 for a new V22 from Thomann, but that was a couple years ago. The V22 sounded nice and served as my rehearsal amp for a while, so if that's anything to go by the V55 should sound even nicer, with more headroom and more open sound with the 6L6s.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    You did it beautifully Tubbs!

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maynehead said:
    Paid £230 for a new V22 from Thomann, but that was a couple years ago. The V22 sounded nice and served as my rehearsal amp for a while, so if that's anything to go by the V55 should sound even nicer, with more headroom and more open sound with the 6L6s.
    This is what I'm hoping.  I really like 6L6-powered amps, as a rule so am hoping this has 'the sound'.  Fingers crossed!
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    From my perspective, I can only say good things about them, had a couple of heads in for service, and the build quality is excellent for the price point, some nice features - bias setting for example, and a very Fenderish clean sound (to my ears). So all good :s    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Hopefully it's not the one I returned withe the faulty volume pot! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysoft said:
    Ooooh, what was wrong with it?  Will deffo check that out.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    There is a place called Swansea!!!!!! Ahem err you did well, don't burn it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    timmysoft said:
    I've still got the V55 head I bought of you - although some may say that 55W for a home amp is excessive! (I use modelling or acoustic for gigs).

I really like the cleans on the V55. I find that the drive channel has a bit too much drive even on it's lowest setting so my preferred set up for edge-of-breakup sounds is maxing the channel 1 volume (using master volume to suit) and then using a boost pedal. Reverb (digital) is nice too IMO.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    BigMonka said:
    timmysoft said:
    I've still got the V55 head I bought of you - although some may say that 55W for a home amp is excessive! (I use modelling or acoustic for gigs).

I really like the cleans on the V55. I find that the drive channel has a bit too much drive even on it's lowest setting so my preferred set up for edge-of-breakup sounds is maxing the channel 1 volume (using master volume to suit) and then using a boost pedal. Reverb (digital) is nice too IMO.
    I really rate the v55, bloody good sounding amp.