Freedom to play our music

scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
I've just been on a little jaunt to the Baltic capitals. In Tallinn there is a Museum of Occupation, dealing largely with life under Soviet rule.

There was a side room with a little display on what it was like for rock/jazz musicians under Soviet rule, and the risks they took just to play or listen to music.

We are so lucky to be free to play, buy and listen to the music we love without fear of losing our jobs, our homes and our liberty.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    A great little documentary on Netflix called "Chuck Norris versus communism". 
    Talking about how western films were illegal in Romania. Really makes you appreciate how lucky we are.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Funny. My dad got thrown out of the Army for smuggling instruments to German POWs because they played better Jazz than the English army lads.
    They were most greatful to him as they were finally allowed to play music they wanted
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom