SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Squier Jazzmaster Raygun Relic

What's Hot
floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
edited October 2016 in Guitars £

Hello and welcome to my advert for my Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster! 

This is no ordinary Squier though. 

Nearly everything that could be changed for the better, has been. 

http://i63.tinypic.com/s0xwzq.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2u8v70p.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2utro1w.jpg

http://tinypic.com/m/jg13ig/3

http://tinypic.com/m/jg13id/3

The respray and relic work was carried out by Graham of Raygun Relics and I think it looks completely amazing.  It is a green over silver finish where you can see the silver coming through in the would be high wear places. The original finish was a very plasticky looking sunburst.  It is now a nitro cellulose finish and all the better for it in my opinion. 

Pickups are by Mojo Pickups and they are amazing (£90).  They are the 58-64 set. 

New wiring harness also by Mojo (£80)

Staytrem Bridge which is a far better upgrade than the usual mustang bridge (£60) 

New black pick guard 

Headstock decal of the big F (this is definitely a Squier, I make no illusion to this being a Fender). 

New control knobs. 

All in all it's great, the only thing I haven't got round to doing is the tremolo, however, this brings me on to why I'm selling it and I'm a Tele guy.  I think this looks awesome and it sounds fantastic, I just like telecasters more! So I didn't want to keep going when I really have my eyes on something else. 

If you fancy a guitar that has had all the stuff done that needs doing, and looks a little bit individual, this may be for you! Please remember this has been lightly reliced.  It looks like it has been played in and brought back from the 60's, however, it is a brand new guitar. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND!

As it is near enough new it has never been gigged or chucked around.  Everything works as it should. 

£330.

I have no case or packaging for the guitar so it is collection only from Stockport.  I'd rather the buyer has a look first to make sure it's to their liking too! 

Any questions shoot them across and I'll happily answer them asap. 

Thanks very much! 

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    That's a beauty, and I love Graham's work - but I don't think you can sell it on here with that logo :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4673
    thats superb GLWTS 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChap said:
    That's a beauty, and I love Graham's work - but I don't think you can sell it on here with that logo :(
    Ah! Ok, I'll remove the listing. 

Thanks! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    edited October 2016
    JookyChap said:
    That's a beauty, and I love Graham's work - but I don't think you can sell it on here with that logo
    Really? I can't say it's something I'd do, but there is definitely another for sale on here at the moment with a fender logo on a Squier tele. Haven't been any complaints about that as far as I know. 

I think it's lovely too, btw, but a Raygun logo instead of fender would look even cooler
  • I haven't done it to fool anyone, I'm clearly stating it is a Squier.  I did it as a tribute to a 60's Jazzmaster, but I'm happy for the listing to be removed as I don't want to cause trouble and enjoy being on the forum.  
    milamber said:
    JookyChap said:
    Really? I can't say it's something I'd do, but there is definitely another for sale on here at the moment with a fender logo on a Squier tele. Haven't been any complaints about that as far as I know
    I'm definitely not the logo police, and if I had the pennies the RayGun would be mine, but I'm pretty sure we've gone over the argument quite a few times over the years, and the legal view is that it is not a runner if we want a forum. :(

@ttony - is that right?

• Please remove if this is an issue! I didn't realise and I apologise for any issues caused. 
  • milambermilamber Frets: 118
    JookyChap said:
    milamber said:
    JookyChap said:
    Really? I can't say it's something I'd do, but there is definitely another for sale on here at the moment with a fender logo on a Squier tele. Haven't been any complaints about that as far as I know
    I'm definitely not the logo police, and if I had the pennies the RayGun would be mine, but I'm pretty sure we've gone over the argument quite a few times over the years, and the legal view is that it is not a runner if we want a forum. :(

@ttony - is that right?
    I think that's fair enough, just doesn't seem to be applied consistently. Guess not everything can be picked up. Does seem a bit daft putting fender or Gibson on some of these anyway.  Frequently better than offerings from those two anyway and the builders should be proud of that. I'd have it straight off if it were mine (wish it was.....)
  • I'll see if I can remove it 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4673
    Whatever is on the headstock it looks great and is a bargain for someone imho
    I don't think you can tbh. I'd just leave it and if it needs to go it will.

The facebook groups are probably your best bet, I would think if you want to avoid ebay or gumtree. Though now Facebook have a marketplace I wonder how long they will last..

Sorry man, wasn't been an arse, tis a lovely guitar 

Whatever is on the headstock it looks great and is a bargain for someone imho
    Couldn't agree more

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok thanks for that, I'll know for the future and for reference it was me who wanted the logo for enjoyment, not Graham.  I Don't want him being brought in to this as it was my choice alone. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Not too far away from me either. Looks ace. 
    @blueskunk said:
    Not too far away from me either. Looks ace. 
    If you want it Immy, I'll scrape together three-and-half and take that crappy old Jag off you ;)

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    @JookyChap ;

your a bad un :)
  • Bloody hell, that's lovely!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Thanks for the offer @jonnyburgo, but I've got my eye on something at the mo so it would have to be cash I'm afraid.  Still available though, a crazy amount of interest, but nobody going the whole hog! 
  • Bump.