Paint sprayers

hi all
slightly off topic so I will move if necessary but I have some old pine furniture I am doing up and painting with eggshell paint. You know the type of shabby chic that oh likes and looks good in lifestyle mags. 

Anyway I have done one small shelf and while a degree of sanding is always required to get a key, painting with a brush was an utter pita. Got me thinking if you fellas use paint sprayers to do guitar bodies. If they aren't too expensive, I will get one. I have 2 beds, big chest and a bedside table to do.

ta
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16894
    You can get cheap HVLP sprayers from lots of places for very little money.  I would probably go that way unless you have cars/guitars you may want to spray
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29008
    But make sure you get an appropriate mask to go with it - not a cheapo paper one.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2972
    tFB Trader

Cheap turbine/HVLP is prob the way top go, for a cheap 'proper' gun & compressor you're still looking at something like this even on the super-cheap -

s/h small comp £40
    LVLP gun £20
    Hoses, filter/reg combo, air fittings say £40
    Mask £18 (3M 06941 is great)
    Nitrile gloves £5ish
    Gallon of gunwash thinners say £10
    Cheap gun cleaning kit, stainless dog water bowl for cleaning up, say £10
    Paint & thinners, maybe spirit if oil-based paints
    Mixing cups

Enough to spray guitars & other small stuff as well but has cost + learning curve.

• Try a small roller.