The Apprentice

What's Hot
holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
Not far in to the first episode, but I already hate gaybrows and shiny suit Indian.
My V key is broken
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    There's already far to much stuff on that makes me shout at the TV. I do not need any more.
    Plus I can only manage enough made up names for contestants to cover Bake Off.
    So, I'm afraid, I'm out.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Going to give it a miss this year until the interview episode.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It was entertaining - the girls were awful and the guys were saved by Lord Sugar MK2. Selling a statuette bought for £7 for £170 was impressive.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • It's exactly the same as usual. The candidates are the usual selection of identikit deluded knobbers.

A guilty pleasure. I love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I like the karate girl, i'd let her kick my nads
    My V key is broken
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    I find myself watching it every season, and every season i find myself hating these absolute thundercunts more and more. I work in sales and they just make me cringe. 

We also have a little fun at work and pick someone who we think might do well before the show starts, I picked Michelle so just shows what i know 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    It's exactly the same as usual. The candidates are the usual selection of identikit deluded knobbers.

A guilty pleasure. I love it.
    I don't even feel guilty about it....
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    With 9 of them on it, there's a good chance some will be smoking hot. Unfortunately.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    I would love to know what they are actually like.

I presume what we see is a condensed caricature of what the producers decide is the person they want to portray i.e. generally a self centered prick. But surely some of them must have something to them.

It's the bits at the start that get me... 'All I'm interested in is money and power...' and other assorted bullshit. Are people really like that?!

I ended up watching The Hunted instead.

If the hunted contestants are truly indicative of a person who has thought about how to disappear for 28 days, but are still as clueless as they appear to be, the producers need to choose the contestants better. More so if the hunters are even a mildly true portrayal of those behind the scenes 'looking after us' gawd help us all!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• FX_Munkee said:
    There's already far to much stuff on that makes me shout at the TV. I do not need any more.
    Plus I can only manage enough made up names for contestants to cover Bake Off.
    So, I'm afraid, I'm out.
    It's The Apprentice not Dragons Den!!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22929
    It's pretty much the only TV programme* I (a) will bother to watch on iPlayer if I miss an episode and (b) actively look forward to all year.

I know they all come across as arseholes in those little talking-head sequences, puffing themselves up, but when you see them on You're Fired after getting the elbow most of them are actually alright.

It does feel more formulaic nowadays, like every other show which has been running for years, but I still love it.

(* The other one is Ninja Warrior UK, but that always underwhelms since you know nobody is actually going to get to Mount Midoriyama in the final...)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24334
    I recorded it.

Can't wait to get stuck in tonight!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    i blow hot and cold on it tbh. What is disappointing is how repetitive it is - same tasks, same people, same comments from SUgar etc etc. All a bit boring.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    I enjoy it, but find it difficult to believe that the number 1 criterion for becoming Lord Sugar's business partner seems to be the ability to sell tat under slightly trying circumstances.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • What gets me is that as it's the same tasks every year, the contestants could do a bit of homework before the thing starts and make some notes to see what to do and where the traps are. But they're too self important to do anything like that.

That hyper active girl who kept throwing vases around and giggling "catch" must be there for entertainment value only.
    Not sure I have the patience this year but then you get drawn in...
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    edited October 2016
    HAL9000 said:
    I enjoy it, but find it difficult to believe that the number 1 criterion for becoming Lord Sugar's business partner seems to be the ability to sell tat under slightly trying circumstances.
    But actually it demonstrates whether they are capable of thinking strategically,  can manage (or be managed), whether they have tenacity, rapport-building skills, understand margins, can work under pressure and can sell.

When you boil down what most businesses do - those skills are part of what most of them need.