How much!!!!

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4985
A car driver tried to park his car in the space in front of our car recently and he scraped a little paint off our car bumper. Not much damage, about 40 MM long of a scrape. Not very obvious but on a new car..... Anyway the quote for a respirator of the bumper is €630. You read that right €630. If the bumper was black, it would not be noticeable. But it is sprayed the same colour as the car. No way can we afford that kind of money for paintwork. Nor is it worth claiming on our car insurance. A few minutes with a small tin of touch up paint and an artists brush will disguise it well enough. But €630.....
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33802
    I paid £200 for a bumper respray 2 years ago.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3134
    edited October 2016
    A bumper is just that so the odd mark is expected. As its new i can almost see the problem, but its the same as when you get the first ding in your new guitar
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited October 2016
    Imagine my shock when they quoted £2000 to change the rear passenger door on my Nissan Almera... The car was worth about £200.

I don't know how they come up with these prices but it must be a lucrative business!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Get a company like revive UK  they will come to your house and fix it for about a onner 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

630 Euros?

These days that's around a million quid!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I've had about 18 cars, all secondhand, and never once have I been bothered by scratches, dings, scrapes etc. Twice I have had a car damaged significantly by someone and not bothered following it up with them/insurance. 

Cheap old cars. No worries.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2440
    That's way too much. I had my rear bumper filled and resprayed for under £300 after I got some particularly nasty scores on it. That also includes dropping the bumper to check the structure underneath, and was a full respray.

You can get a good quality half bumper respray for about £150.

The caveat is that if the car is on PCP you may need to use an approved repair centre through the dealer which is expensive
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    When that uninsured driver hit the back of my car and Direct Line wouldn't cover it ( effectively they won't pursue it unless there are £000s involved) I got a bunch of quotes. I can't remember all the figures exactly but from about £150 to £600. Lots of tiny scratches on my car but it was very noticeable. Anyway, the figures just seemed plucked out of thin air.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    £250 tops unless it's a Porsche then £650 is about right.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    I scratched the side sill on my GT3.  You can't remove them so a new (pair) had to be bought and then both sides blended into the wings and the huge front PU and of course the bonnet too. I reckon a decent smart repair might have cost £300/400.  Doing it properly cost just under £4K and I was not best pleased.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    axisus said:
    I've had about 18 cars, all secondhand, and never once have I been bothered by scratches, dings, scrapes etc. Twice I have had a car damaged significantly by someone and not bothered following it up with them/insurance. 

Cheap old cars. No worries.
    Had my 2nd hand Honda a week when my Labrador launched herself at the boot (which was closed) in her haste to get in the boot to go to the park.  She bounced off it and scrambled with her paws to try and get some grip, scratching the boot door.

After that I just thought well that's that, it's been christened now!