Freeletics/bodyweight exercises

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
I fancy trying some of this rather than buying wieghts tha I'll end up having to sell in a fit of shame and blubberyness
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I just do bodyweight stuff. I am not musclebound but I am pretty strong for 11 stone. Go and follow Al Kavadlo on Facebook or Twitter. If you can't do a pullup (or a proper pushup) then there are progressions that will build up to it. You don't need to go mad; a couple of 20 minute sessions a week will get things moving in the right direction.

If you are in fact blubbery and wish to de-blubber then you will need to eat better too! :)
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Oh yes, preparing for that to start monday with plenty of diet meals, meal plans etc shopping today :) 
  • Can I make a peripheral suggestion which is bouldering (indoor climbing). For me it adds the magic factor that keeps me doing things which is I enjoy it. Its also very social. The added bonus is its a hell of a work out for the top half of the body, forearms, biceps, shoulders, back and core (core comes into play more later on on bouldering)
    I started it a year ago and love it and have progressed through the grades, am doing climbs I never thought possible when I started.
    While I admire the ability of the high-level bodyweight practicioners I have seen on Youtube, it doesnt look much fun, and I have an issue with the intention of most exercise regimes that are a thing in and of themselves. I also dislike anything that objectifies the body , which can be difficult to avoid in the vast majority of exercise.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^ Agreed, it is better if you view weight training as something you do to make your play activities go better (mountain biking and carrying our bass player's Ampeg SVT II, in my case).

PS my eating/sleeping/exercise "lifestyle" comes from The Primal Blueprint (paleo-ish but easier!). Still works for me after 4 years.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    If you want to debulbbify then you need to do some cardio and burn calories, combine that with a sensible diet and you will loose weight.

Don't spend £XX a month on health magazines with recipes and shakes and all that bollocks. Just get some running shoes on and go outside for a 30 min run, when you get tired, just walk, but make sure every time you do it you do it for at least half an hour. And walk wherever you can instead of driving/public transport.

Push-ups are a great multiple muscle exercise, there are a load of apps on the play store that are aimed at giving you a daily programme for situps/push-ups, and if you follow it daily then you can really make some progress.

I read somewhere if you can do something for 21 days straight, you can do it forever.

So make yourself a fitness plan, and stick to it for 21 days, if you can do that, then you have done the hard bit, keeping it up is relatively easy after that.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • Mkjackary said:
    If you want to debulbbify then you need to do some cardio and burn calories, 
    Defo agree, I am in my 6th week of being a street sweeper and what it has done to my health is amazing, muscles in my arms and legs I have never seen before and my belly whilst still big is pulling in and tightening up more than I have ever known.

I am a big heavy bloke always have been but I am looking pretty good and feeling great, I am more rugby than sumo now..
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    The benefit I see in this method is I can walk out of my house and into my garage and Im good to go. Alot of other things need equipment or for me to travel to somewhere which is nice when you have the time but when you dont, its a chore.

Tbh, Im going back onto Slimming World with the wife as we've both had good results from this and Ill be starting with this before moving onto a longer term plan. :)  
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7447
    You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren is really good.

You can get it in app format for iPhone and Android - has all the exercised demo'd and you can use set or custom routines.
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Classic ^^^