Rack Mounting FX Pedals

I currently switch my ODs and uni vibe via my G-System. Currently I have them all mounted on sliding rack draw. From a cabling point of view it's a bit of a compromise and sliding the draw in and out puts stress on the cables and is hard to see in the dark. So I was thinking of getting a blank rack enclosure taking the guts out of the pedals and mounting the pots on the front.
Anything I should consider from a noise point of view. Should I have some sort shielding around each pedal? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    I currently switch my ODs and uni vibe via my G-System. Currently I have them all mounted on sliding rack draw. From a cabling point of view it's a bit of a compromise and sliding the draw in and out puts stress on the cables and is hard to see in the dark. So I was thinking of getting a blank rack enclosure taking the guts out of the pedals and mounting the pots on the front.
    Anything I should consider from a noise point of view. Should I have some sort shielding around each pedal? 

Worth speaking to @juansolo as he offered to do a few of mine. You should also get a rack light- cheap as chips on ebay.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• No room for a rack light, trying to keep everything in a 4U rack unit.
    Currently have Sansamp, Gsystem and 2U draw.
    Have a seperate 2U rack with Poweramp, But  may go for a single U poweramp to go in the main Rack (another reason for rack transplant.