Ir file list???

What's Hot
mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
edited October 2016 in FX
Had a wee search and see mention of a few companies and places to get them but has there been anywhere on here where people have listed IR files they like and where they are from (separate paid/free ones).

As more people are using systems that can use these files it would be nice to have somewhere we can list what's available from where and maybe a small comment on them (something like xyzfile - closest thing to my real 1970 twin reverb I've heard)..

Would certainly be useful to be able to go grab a small recommended collection from a few locations in preparation for my gsp1101.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good idea. I stick with one IR really and haven't changed for months since I found it. It's a Redwirez Hiwatt 4x12 with Purple Fane's. It's a beauty! I don't know if it sounds like the real thing because I never owned one, but it sounds good enough to my ears. Using it with a Laney Lionheart L20H and sounds great.

Heard good things about Ownhammer IR's but they weren't even close as far as I'm concerned. The Redwirez Hiwatt nailed it for what I was searching for.

Took me ages to get the right IR for my setup so this is a very good idea for a thread.

What setup are you using? 

Mine's a Suhr Reactive Load with a Two Notes Torpedo CAB.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    edited October 2016
    Maybe a wee description of style of music using for and if overdriven/clean or both would work.. Nothing yet but formulating a plan. Going to create a DI system from digitech 1101 and run it 4 cable with an h&k tubmeister 18 in a small rack case. Want to see how compares direct from digitech to the redbox di after valve power on the h&k. Also allows me some sounds / presets using h&k pre and some using digitech modelling. May add a rack tuner and analogue reverb so can have all analogue on some things. I like idea regardless of whether I end up prefer going through power amp/redbox or direct from digitech as. One small portable rack unit gives me quality DI / modelling / effects, choice of analogue valve pre or digitech pre. And if need arises and can't do do or nee a speaker I can plug it into a cab or spare powered monitor as well...  hopefully will end up with a high end great sounding DI system that also covers home/gig amplification if need arrises
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    As I start to get a few recommended I'll maybe start adding to a list :)