SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Very tiny tweed deluxe head ...

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
in Amps £ tFB Trader
Right, I officially have too many amps, so here's my latest build for sale. 

I'll paste the info from the original build thread below. Would take £260 for this for a quick sale.

Amp now has a lovely brown leather handle which really completes it.

It's not a particularly loud 3 watts so it is perfect for home use - although cranked you'd struggle to talk over it. Depends what cab you pair it with. 

Comes with a lovely NOS 6SN7 output valve. 

I also have a matching tweed 1x10" cab with Jensen Speaker so we could maybe do a deal on the pair ... will get some pics up ASAP.

If something higher gain is what you're after I'll have another head up for sale too soon. :)

*** Original build thread ***

Just finished this project over the weekend whilst I'm waiting for some parts to arrive for customers' builds.

It's a tiny little amp head with a bright channel Tweed Deluxe preamp into a push-pull 6SN7 output valve. Biased at around 3 watts with lower voltages for early breakup. 

The aim was to make a low-volume 5e3 to get that lovely tweed crunch at acceptable home volume. I have to say it's nailed it too, I've not used the 6SN7 as an output valve before but I'll certainly be using it again!

Tight build inside as you can see, could probably be neater too as I was making parts up as I went along for some of the build. Not sure I'd use quite as small an enclosure next time...  I'll probably be replacing the two axial filter caps with smaller radial ones - the ones in there are a little to close to the 4k7 power resistor for my liking. 

Just needs a little metal handle and a valve-guard on the rear now. Oh and a matching cab maybe ...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments