Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Big buttons

What's Hot
therose789therose789 Frets: 467
edited October 2016 in FX
What the crack with all of these big buttons that seem to be appearing everywhere? What benefit do they have? 

http://barefootbuttons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2.jpg
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My guess is for the plays barefoot at home crowd.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ohhh I want some of those having seen a picture, thanks for putting a name to them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    My guess is for the plays barefoot at home crowd.
    Yup, that's what I thought, for the home "sock 'n' roll" brigade (like me!).
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    My guess is for the plays barefoot at home crowd.
    Yup, that's what I thought, for the home "sock 'n' roll" brigade (like me!).
    there are lots of people who apparently play barefoot live too. anyway we have some custom ones we had made, and they are proving very popular.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    If you tried to play barefoot in most of the venues I'm in the stuff on the floor would probably make you change gender several times during the gig
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @ThorpyFX - are you selling your custom ones as individual parts? If so, how much?
    tFB Trader
    @ThorpyFX - are you selling your custom ones as individual parts? If so, how much?
    we are, they are £12 shipped (4 week lead time at the moment as they sold out in a week!)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    Barefoot or in Converse these looks excellent. As long as a standard clicks switch still feels clicky :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    tFB Trader
    Barefoot or in Converse these looks excellent. As long as a standard clicks switch still feels clicky :)
    its just a cap that fits on top of the standard switch, doesn't change the feel, aside from spreading the pressure over the ball of your foot.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    Lovely! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm into this, particularly for triggered loops, which I sometimes do by hand, although rarely. Also it would mean I don't have to wear my shoes in the lounge, which would make my girlfriend happy. Everybody wins!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Once you've got 18 pints inside you, it's nice to have an easy target.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    edited October 2016
    Custom Pedalboards do a version too. I was going to get a couple for some of my pedals to make them more easy to hit (and for when noodling in socks)

http://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/cpb-stompers/
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1771
    the_jaffa said:
    Custom Pedalboards do a version too. I was going to get a couple for some of my pedals to make them more easy to hit (and for when noodling in socks)

From that site this one is pretty hilarious:

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @CustomPedalBoards Has these. They look pretty funky actually but in the pubs we play in, there is no chance in hell I'm playing in bare feet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @CustomPedalBoards Has these. They look pretty funky actually but in the pubs we play in, there is no chance in hell I'm playing in bare feet.
    heehee, yes i would never play barefooted in a pub/club or pretty much most of the stages i've ever played on. but for the old sock brigade at home its alright eh!

for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • BigMonka said:
    the_jaffa said:

From that site this one is pretty hilarious:

i also put the miku on there for ur very please sir!
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • LaurieLaurie Frets: 97
    edited October 2016
    Am I correct in saying that the fantastic, "Jerry Nepomuceno" (NEPO) was the guy who invented these, "big buttons"? 

Perfect appellation btw, therose789.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I'm tempted to buy a few because the foot switches on my Disaster Area looper can sometimes feel too close together in a live situation and the big buttons could help me distinguish exactly what I want to switch on. Most of the times its fine for but there has been an occasion or two when I've stepped on the wrong foot switch. 

Damn expensive though if you ask me :( Hence why I've not pulled the trigger ........ yet ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • These can make it easier to bank up and down of those types of delay pedal where you need to press two buttons at once. (Timeline/dd500 etc)