Hercules wall hangers - any help for an idiot?

What's Hot
thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
Okay - so this is a bit embarrassing but I'm hoping the brethren/and sisters will take pity on me and not be too harsh with me......

So I bought a bunch of Hercules wall hangers GSP38WB.  They came in individual boxes and so that the hangers fit in they come semi-rotated so that the wood block and the hanger are parallel.  In order to hang on the wall and hold guitars the wood block and the hanger need to be perpendicular (I hope you're following this) - so you just twist the the hanger round 90 degrees and they're good to go.  However, in my excitement I turned the first one the wrong way round and I can't work out how you can reverse this.  So in effect it will need to go upside down  - which isn't a massive problem but a bit unsatisfactory as "Hercules" on the wood block will be upside down.  Has anyone else done this (I can't believe I'm the only person to have done this!!) - why don't they give any directions? (for someone like me this is a very easy mistake to make).  They seem to lock once they're in position (one way or the other).  Any help help/experience on reversing it would be gratefully received.

(Gassage will want to shoot me again, I'm pretty sure of that).

@guitars4you?

Many thanks.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Pull the hanging bit out and twist
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    See - that's what I love about this place.  Simple, common sense, non-judgemental advice that sorts everything out.  Thanks @Bridgehouse.  I now feel an even bigger idiot, but happy I can work out how to get them the right way round. :)

Permission to now take the piss granted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    No, my simple no nonsense answer came after 10 mins of frustrated twisting and grumbling, followed by *click* "oh you idiot"

You are in a safe place my friend. ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you - that's reassuring in all sorts of ways.  The twisting and grumbling must be just part of the whole process by the sound of it then?  :) 
    Yep - not as frustrating as the hole drilling into our 'interesting' walls though..
    Hmmm.  I've got that all to look forward to....wish I'd paid more attention in my physics lessons now...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14275
    tFB Trader
    yes I've done it but you only do it once - sounds like you have it sorted out now
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    You're a big wally.

Come on, what sort of internet forum would this be if at least one person wasn't judgemental and seething with rage?
     :) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I've done the same thing, it took me a while to fix it haha

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited October 2016
    If it makes you feel better, I was confused by what a wall hanger was, and I thought Hercules was a kids TV programme!    

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Did it too :)
    i once spent an hour trying to solder an earth wire on a tremel-no before I notice the grub screw for screwing it in ... duh
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks guys.  There's a solidarity in idiocy....but really it's great to know that there's a lot support and help here for everybody.
  • I've never done that... now where did I put it?
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3752
    This thread has just helped me out enormously :)
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited May 2019
    I installed one of these on a plasterboard wall last week. Quite satisfying when the jobs done! 

https://imgur.com/gallery/jfMUIUg
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    I was going to suggest turning the rest of the house upside down to match but it seems like a lot of effort