Just won on my premium bonds!

What's Hot
25 squids!
Not much, but still, I've done pretty well out of it, I won 50 quid a few years ago so in total I've won 75 quid and that is from an investment of £100 about 9 years ago.

That is a pretty decent return if you ask me  :)
I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    I got nothing in the 5 years I had mine so I cashed them in and stuck it in an ISA.
    Well done!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    As per my thread, 3 wins over the past 2 months - I'm on £75! (I have quite a bit more than £100 in there at the moment though.
  • Congrats :)

I had some for six months in the early noughties and won twice. But the amount was less than half the interest I would have got, had the money been in a savings account, so I cashed them in.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I can't remember the detail but on average they perform about the same as long term bonds ( finance seminar that I couldn't follow). Stil got a slim chance of being a £1M winner though so they are sort of get your money back gambling. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    Love premium bonds.

With no interest available worth having on cash ISA's etc the fun getting the envelope through the door is like the lottery - but you can get your money back if you don't win.

I've usually only had the minimum prizes but I did win a grand last year. =)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Premium bonds pay out on average 1.25% APR (skewed by the big wins; the median luck person would earn less than that). If you are investing less than the ISA max limit it's better to find one of them that pays more than that unless you feel lucky.
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Premium bonds pay out on average 1.25% APR (skewed by the big wins; the median luck person would earn less than that). If you are investing less than the ISA max limit it's better to find one of them that pays more than that unless you feel lucky.
    well if it is 9 years, which come to think of it, I think it is less, but if it is 9 years, then I have had an average of 6.4% annual interest. Plus I haven't had to pay tax on any of that, whereas if you did find a place that offered 6.4% annual interest (AER?) you would have to pay tax.
    Obviously I have been very lucky compared to the average person.

unless you feel lucky.
    So yes, I do feel lucky..... Punk

I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?