Best exchange rate/place for buying Euros

What's Hot
As you all know, the exchange rate is pretty dire but any recommendations for buying Euros?

Many thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    There's an updated page on Money Saving Expert so look at that. But paying for as much as possible with a Halifax Clarity card will get you the best rate 99% of the time. For cash if you have a Nectar card then you can get a card holder's rate and Nectar points, isn't always the very best rate but it's one of the consistently best deals ( if you use Nectar).
    Depends how many euros you are buying of course, if it's £50's worth neither here nor there.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Thanks ETW and I'll take a look at that page :)
  • I've always found that Thomas Cook work out pretty good if you order online and collect in store. But I check the MoneySavingExpert website first.
    I then discovered these pre-pay cards which make it much safer and more convenient. It's probably marginally more expensive, but it makes life easier. I use the FairFX Euro card.

Basically, you buy Euros through your account which are then loaded onto the card. You can withdraw cash from ATMs, and you can use it to pay in shops. If you choose to pay in Euros then there's no transaction fee at that end. Cash withdrawals are usually £1.50 fee but recently they've been refunding them to me as part of a special offer.

Good thing is, you only need to load it with enough cash to start you off. You can top up via the internet whenever you like.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Before June.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom