A cheer for Gear4music delivery

What's Hot
Tempting fate by doing this but I'd like to give Gear4music a thumbs up for their current delivery service. In the past I've had some problems with them being very slow in delivering stuff, so much so that I switched pretty much all my online ordering to Thomann. But recently I've done a few orders with Gear4Music and I have to say the delivery service has been excellent. They are using DPD. I get email and text messages a day or so beforehand telling me when the delivery will happen - within 2-3 days usually for in-stock items. They give me a working link to the DPD site and I get good options for what DPD should do if I'm not going to be in. On the actuaI day of delivery I get email and text notifications of the one hour time slot plus the name of the delivery person. Most amazing of all, as happened again today, the delivery comes in the time slot they said. I think that deserves a shout out, especially considering the general delivery-related horror stories we see on here all the time.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    DPD are one of the best courier services ime. Their tracking and notification setup is excellent. Ordered a laptop at 7.30 pm  and DPD delivered it at 11.30 the next morning, exactly as their tracking page said it would.
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited October 2016
    Gear4Music were great for me recently - excellent delivery options. DPD are also ace. The best courier service by far!
  • randellarandella Frets: 4276
    Couriers and box-shifting retailers have all, in general, improved beyond measure in recent years.  Even having said that, DPD are head and shoulders above around my area.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    DPD are good.  I do like the one hour delivery slot - especially as I only work 10 minutes from home so I can normally make sure I am around for it.
  • Are Gear4music good?  They have a pedal I'd like and I've never ordered from them before.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1207
    DPD have always delivered in the agreed 1 hour slot. I recently had something delivered by them and I was asked the day before, to choose my own time slot on the day, anytime from morning until evening. That also worked.