MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
Just had a shit job interview.

It was shit.
Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Been there, done that. Push on through, man.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Is that an interview for a shit job, or a shit interview for a job? ;)

Either way man, keep on keeping on. It comes good in the end if you don't give up.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    we've all been there

Just means the next one will be better!
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Sorry to heat that, but at least the next one will hopefully be better!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• randellarandella Frets: 4176
    edited October 2016
    It's Friday, have a cold one or three later, forget it.  There isn't a single working adult who hasn't had at least one shocker at interview.

It's not a reflection on you, you just had a bad day.  Don't beat yourself about it
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Nikko said:

I read the title and was going to ask the same thing. Glad I'm not the only pedant around here. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Was it for a job in a waste treatment works? 
  • they are the best kind of interviews though aren't they? its the good interviews you need to be afraid of.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    relic245 said:
    Nikko said:

I read the title and was going to ask the same thing. Glad I'm not the only pedant around here. 
    Further, was it shit because you think you performed badly, or because the interviewer(s) were on the wrong planet?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • My last interview was shit, as in the interviewers were shit and the questions were shit. I didn't get it but it was internal so I'm still working for the shits. Shit.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24809
    Roland said:
    relic245 said:
    Further, was it shit because you think you performed badly, or because the interviewer(s) were on the wrong planet?
    Or a horrendous combination of the two?
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    I've only ever had one decent one, and shitloads of shit ones

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    My last interview was shit, as in the interviewers were shit and the questions were shit. I didn't get it but it was internal so I'm still working for the shits. Shit.
    As the only magic pig detective I've ever heard of I thought you could've named your price.
    You need to talk to your union rep.
    :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    My last interview was shit, as in the interviewers were shit and the questions were shit. I didn't get it but it was internal so I'm still working for the shits. Shit.
    As the only magic pig detective I've ever heard of I thought you could've named your price.
    You need to talk to your union rep.

Your right. Imagine giving the job to the magic donkey detective! A disgrace. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    edited October 2016
    MrBump said:
    Just had a shit job interview.

It was shit.
    Avoid this in future by not applying for shit jobs.

Srsly, you have my sympathy. I've had more than a couple which were shit. Sometimes down to me, but often not. I've had ones where I did really well and even well beyond what was expected of me but not got the job. You just have to apply for loads and do the best you can on the day.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I've had shit interviews... 

Recently I had what felt like a production-line-interview ... 15 minutes of quick fire questions then "OK, that's it" having never had so short an interview, or one of that fashion I assumed I'd done awfully - I was offered that job. Couldn't get a handle on it at all. 

I've also had interviews that felt awesome, like everything was perfect, then never heard back.

And even and interview where it started "Well, they say I need to ask you these questions, but when do you want to start would be the easiest" Helped that I knew the interviewer and was the only candidate worth an interview
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    there are never shit interviews - just shit interviewers...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Had an appalling one recently, knob heads of interviewers (3 round a table firing questions) strict questions, no personal interaction, absolute shite, waited 8 weeks for the interview and then 3 weeks to be told I was unsuccessful. Wankers.

The best ones are the friendly 2 way conversation with fellow humans, it`s a pain but the decent jobs are out there, guaranteed the next one will be better.
  • I had one on Thursday......shit. Swift feedback (within 24 hours) though to tell me it was shit.