edited October 2016 in FX
Pretty cool looking piece of equipment.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4612
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Seem to remember Digitech doing a similar thing with the iStomp ... didn't seem to catch on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    Looks interesting
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    watching one of the demoes a lot of the sounds are at the cheap multi fx end of things ( in as much as I can tell off youtube). 

Seem to remember Digitech doing a similar thing with the iStomp ... didn't seem to catch on.
    Quite expensive when they came out, £120 or something. I got one for £35 being sold off ( includes a PSU). Only work on an ios device and needs a specific/ outdated ( forget the name) cable to plug in. Originally extra models cost more but in the end almost all became free and they stopped updating them, quite a limited range compared to the Xtomp. Some of the FX are so so but some perfectly nice delays;, if anyone was after a cheap delay and happened to have an ios device and the right cable a bargain. I look forward to bargain prices on the Xtomp in 12 months...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72677
    That's the future of single pedals right there. And my christmas present to me sorted… it looks and sounds fantastic there.

Just hope the switch is a soft one and not clicky - I think so from the video. It's a shame it won't run on batteries but that would probably be difficult with the current draw it must have.

The ultimate for me would be a multi-FX with five or six of those and an expression pedal, and the ability to recall a different set of pedals for any song you want to play.

It also finally solves something I've always wondered ever since I saw their little amps - is it "Hot-One" or "Ho-Tone"? Neither, he says "Hot-Tone" :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, it's like a toneprint, but with gigantic knobs on
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I'm even considering getting one and I normally can't stand digital effects, mostly because of all the menus and button pushing involved.
    That little thing looks easy to use.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That soldano amp tone was fantastic. 
  • DesVegas said:
    With that in mind, be careful searching for Hotone on eBay without specifying "musical instruments" if you don't want your other half asking difficult questions about your eBay suggested items....
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2236
    edited October 2016
    Looks great. Someone needs to come up with a controller that links to the app via Bluetooth and MIDI to change effects/presets as you go with a stompbox.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Brett has another more modulated demo here
  • DesVegas said:
    With that in mind, be careful searching for Hotone on eBay without specifying "musical instruments" if you don't want your other half asking difficult questions about your eBay suggested items....
    Even Ho's have tone. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3465
    2 years later, what's the verdict on these? The library expanded a lot - http://xtomp.com/2015/12/16/library/ - I didn't know it could handle amp sims too.