James Taylor

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    My word, that guitar in the videos sounds utterly sublime! What is it? It's gorgeous.

Ace camera work, too, a great way to show someone how it goes. (I still doubt I'd ever be able to manage it, though! :D )
    I cant open that page,but I believe he endorses olsen guitars....had the privilege to play one belonging to a pal,and even in my hands it sounded wonderful...I believe a shop in uk bought it of him for 7000 euros,so god knows what they sold it for after markup and vat...definitely one to aspire to..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    woody said:
     olsen guitars....
    ah, say no more...........I think the entry level ones come in at about £5k

I saw a couple for sale down in Acoustic Music Co. going for more than that used.
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • ESBlonde said:
    On JTs own website he has a few videos teaching specifics.

Whist it doesn't cover every hit song he ever had, it gives a nice insight to his thought process and playing approach.

http://www.jamestaylor.com/guitarlessons/index.html

I saw him a couple of years ago and he has adapted his live playing to be very managable so don't be too put off.

A great entertainer as well as songsmith.  Colour me a fan.

Thanks for the link - I'll be taking a look at that. I've always liked his stuff. 

In response to the OP - for the sound of JT's earlier stuff I'd recommend something with mahogany back and sides and a short scale length (close as you can get to the J-50 design really!), but for his later stuff which is less middy and more 'hi-fi' I suppose a jumbo/small jumbo would be more the thing.

bertie;170380" said:
    woody said: olsen guitars....

ah, say no more...........I think the entry level ones come in at about £5k

I saw a couple for sale down in Acoustic Music Co. going for more than that used.
    Sorry..forgot to put in my comment...its the actual guitar in the utube video...bout om size with abalone binding..
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited February 2014

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.