Exporting a guitar to USA

DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
edited October 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Hi does anyone know how much it will cost for someone importing a guitar into USA

I've been asked to quote and while the guitar is not made from any cites wood is there anything I need to be aware of

My fretboard is Amazon rosewood that came from the state's and it's African mahogany, would I have to prove what wood it is because I can't, it's old and bought years ago

Thanks
www.danielsguitars.co.uk
(formerly customkits)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• African Mahogany I think is CITES ok, I think at worst it might fall into the same category as Spanish Cedar/Honduran Mahogany which is that it can be exported without a permit but it has to be in a finished form. 

Amazon RW however with the new changes to CITES, is a pretty tricky one to address.  
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    No Amazon is good or was and it was bought in USA 

I think Damien probett uses it too and he exports to USA 

Hopefully I'm right, thay can have it back as us goods lol
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Yeah, Amazon was fine but there's been some changes to CITES in the last few weeks which is about to come through. 

Check this thread out if you can, 
    http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/181723/New-Restrictions-on-Rosewood#.WAfXXxTnlSU

Some decent information in there, confusing though as is the situation!  
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    From speaking to Allparts I believe the new regs will come in around January, at which time all rosewood becomes protected under CITES. They have no idea what the final result on importing will be but are expecting it to get harder (paperwork) and probably more expensive (due to admin for the paperwork).

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    It's all going to get a bit ridiculous

The Amazon boards I get come from the state's, I'll just say returning us goods lol
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)