Eldred wiring cap question?

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
edited October 2016 in Making & Modding
Ive done an Esquire partscaster with the Eldred wiring mod, which I quite like in volume no tone with the switch in the bridge position and the centre point, which is volume an tone, however the "cocked wah" with the switch in the neck position, is far too muddy to be of use, so the question, which cap do I change and which way in value do I go to be treblier? it has 250k audio pots, so I reckon about 2/3 tone roll off on the tone would be about right....
Heres the diagram I used......

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii21/paulnb57/image_zpsnorn9elc.jpeg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72922
    The 4700pF, to something smaller - 2200pF or possibly 1000pF.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    edited October 2016
    Sorry @ICBM I posted the wrong diagram.......and looking again I might have misread and installed a .047 not .0047....I'd best have a butchers......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72922
    paulnb57 said:
    Sorry @ICBM I posted the wrong diagram.......and looking again I might have misread and installed a .047 not .0047....I'd best have a butchers...…
    That would certainly make it very muddy - the same as turning the tone control fully down. If so, just use the 4700pF (.0047uF) and all should be well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    Thanks!.....