SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Gretsch 5420T

What's Hot
AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
edited October 2016 in Guitars £

For Sale is my lovely Gretsch 5420T. This is the model just before the recent 2016 ones and has the Black top Filter'tron pickups and the pinned bridge. 

It's in immaculate condition and has been played only at home a handful of times in a pet/smoke free environment. May need a slight set up and string change (still has the first set) but other than that it's perfect. Plays and sounds really great. The only reason I'm selling is i've got in to photography and am making a short movie with my new camera and need a new lens desperately! 

Looking for £400  collected from Hemel Hempstead (no case and hollow body is not a good combo!) which I think is a really good price for this. 

Cheers 

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/adamski1982_photos/IMG_8859.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7869
    You're supposed to remove that bit of cardboard from under the bridge....

Great price, good luck with the sale..
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    TheMarlin said:
    You're supposed to remove that bit of cardboard from under the bridge....

Great price, good luck with the sale..
    Thanks! That's the picture from the day I got it...... saying that, when I was 16 and got my first Fender (mex) strat, I left the pick guard plastic advertising the "real USA strings" on for about 3 yrs! now I dent my custom shop and rejoice at "more mojo" ha. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump! I think this is a pretty good price for a damn good and sexy looking guitar! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    What are the differences between this and the 2016 model?
    MtB said:
    Different inlays and a smaller headstock. This was kind of like the "in between" model, thus the 'T' at the end. It got the blacktop pickups, pinned bridge and bound f-holes that the originals didn't have 
  • You have PM Sir.
    Sold pending the usual. 
  • Congratulations 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Many thanks to Adamski for a super deal - lovely guitar at a very fair price.

And a very pleasant chap to deal with !!

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7869
    Adamski said:
    MtB said:
    Different inlays and a smaller headstock. This was kind of like the "in between" model, thus the 'T' at the end. It got the blacktop pickups, pinned bridge and bound f-holes that the originals didn't have 
    The T stands for tremolo. I.e.  Bigsby. 

Pro Lines have a G6 prefix. Electromatics have a G5.  G2 for the newer budget models.