NMAD

What's Hot
DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
Don't laugh. With some minor tweaking, I'm getting 'the' Jam/Weller Rickenbacker sounds I've been searching for in a long time. I knew it was a solid state thing and after today I know it. Bloody awesome thing for the house!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq7x3hyynskwsm5/20161022_162248.jpg?raw=1
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    edited October 2016
    ...... alright. Who was it?  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 395
    That guitar and amp look great....defies.... gravity
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers Jon. It's not a joke, I'm as happy as a pig in shit tonight as I can't believe the sound I can get with this set up. NAILS The Jam overdriven tone, better than anything I've had before, but the Rick does help  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ...also I don't know why the image has rotated. It's in portrait in my Dropbox / if you click on it. It's a nightmare posting images on here nowadays. I must be getting old.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    I used to get fantastic recorded tones from a Danelectro mini amp run flat out, face down on a cushion. 

It sat in a mix perfectly and the dynamic feel made it a joy to play. 
    edited October 2016
    Just proves that sometimes 'that' sound doesn't necessarily come at a cost, @p90fool . I knew Weller had used a Peavey Backstage 30 for a couple of albums and after buying one even it didn't sound quite right. My Blackstar ID30 didn't cut it either. Admittedly I haven't used a Vox AC30 or decent Marshall with the 330 yet as I've had it less than a week, but what use would either of those be in the house? Like I said, this little thing nails it. If you're a Jam fan, think the majority of Setting sons or All mod cons. Really.