Non Stick Pans - Mumsnet Alert

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• In my experience the "stone" pans start off as the best thing ever, incredibly non stick.  After about six months of rligious (non DW) care they become completely "all stick".

A great short term experience, then time to swap.  Essentially rather poor VFM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just been out and bought an Eaziglide pan from John Lewis. 

They have a lifetime guarantee on the non stick coating and claim to be dishwashable so time will tell.
    Buying from jl is a good idea, they won't hassle if it doesn't last.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    The Le Creuset non stick stuff is excellent but I still wouldn't dishwash them. They only take a few seconds to wash though - hot water, bit of fairy liquid and the soft bit of a yellow sponge
    I can attest to that. However they are not unbreakable. We had a set of five. Its been a set of 4 for the last 30 years after my wife, during a very heated argument, threw the largest one at me, missed and it hit the wall!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A5D5E5A5D5E5 Frets: 307
    Another vote for Le Creuset from me.  Ours has gone in the dishwasher hundreds of times if not thousands and it is still fine.  I suspect it will outlive me.

one other thing if you are new to the joys of dishwashers - don't put kitchen knives in them, it makes the edge on the blade brittle.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24326
    Turns out my dishywashy fix didn't actually fix it.  Back to the drawing board.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    hywelg said:
    The Le Creuset non stick stuff is excellent but I still wouldn't dishwash them. They only take a few seconds to wash though - hot water, bit of fairy liquid and the soft bit of a yellow sponge
    I can attest to that. However they are not unbreakable. We had a set of five. Its been a set of 4 for the last 30 years after my wife, during a very heated argument, threw the largest one at me, missed and it hit the wall!!
    You're wife must be pretty damn strong to be able to throw a le creuset pan, I can lift them! Bet it didn't do the wall much good either  :))
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    You could offer to wash them?

even cheap non stick pans wash very easily.

It's usually done before I am home from work.
    Sometimes he has to stand in the rain and peer through the window for half an hour just to be sure.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24326
    LOL ^

Dishywashy definitely fixy now!  49p thermistor from Maplins.  Hoorah !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter