Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Am I mad?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• @digitalscream is this going to be a signature amp?
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Heh...no, but Martin himself responded. I said that a few people on here would be very interested if this issue (which is really a feature, I guess) was fixed, and he said "This kind of customer feedback is really useful from an R&D perspective" - so...maybe he'll come up with a switchable mod, or perhaps we might even get a Kraken mk II.

Or maybe he'll just decide I'm an idiot and should leave things alone. That's also possible, and maybe not far from the truth.
    <space for hire>
    Heh...no, but Martin himself responded. I said that a few people on here would be very interested if this issue (which is really a feature, I guess) was fixed, and he said "This kind of customer feedback is really useful from an R&D perspective" - so...maybe he'll come up with a switchable mod, or perhaps we might even get a Kraken mk II.

Or maybe he'll just decide I'm an idiot and should leave things alone. That's also possible, and maybe not far from the truth.
    Let me run that through the 'Customer Service Translator'

"Piss off"

hmmmmm  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @digitalscream I think the Jet City is your spiritual home. Because of this, and the fact that you made me by a Kraken (virtually at gun point) I think you should give me yours so I can run them in stereo with different valves.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    That's a point have you tried changing valves?
  • @ennspek - LOL, and yes I've tried changing valves. No difference.

I got thrown a curveball today - since I may be getting rid of it soon, I popped round to my mate's house to profile the Kraken on his Kemper.

Gain II didn't profile particularly well, but Gain I...absolutely glorious. Even better, with the tweakery available on the Kemper, we made it behave like the channel we both wanted for Gain II.

Long story short, I'm getting a Kemper as soon as is humanly possible.
    <space for hire>
  • OK, so...the Kemper idea is out the window. Just had a rehearsal with BHD (for the stand-in gig in Luton on Friday), using the trusty ol' Jet City JCA22H. It sounded phenomenal.

More than that, it sounded like me. There's definitely a lot to be said for using gear that you know inside-out - despite having not used one with a band since this time last year, everything just fell back into place and my playing was miles better as a result.

Don't get me wrong - the Kraken was/is an amazing amp, but it's too...hi-fi for me? It could just be familiarity - I've been playing Jet City amps for years now - but the JCA22H felt much more "forgiving", or at least more sympathetic with my playing.

Not only that, but it sounds great recorded through a reactive load and Wall of Sound III, as does the JCA50H.

I think I need to face facts; I'm a Jet City guy through-and-through, and that just isn't going to change.
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    Yay glad you are enjoying it.

They are superb amps.
  • Yay glad you are enjoying it.

They are superb amps.
    Definitely, on both points. I'm actually looking forward to the gig tomorrow night now :)
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Phew, another man saved from a life of digital facsimile
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586
    edited December 2016
    dindude said:
    Phew, another man saved from a life of digital facsimile
    Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against digital stuff (at least...good digital stuff), but it'd be a total waste of money for me. I absolutely guarantee that if I got a Kemper, I'd only spend hours/days/weeks/months trying to make it sound like the Jet City. When the Kemper costs 10 times as much (the JCA22H cost me £140 second hand), and I wouldn't be able to run dual amps at home with it...it's a definitive "no".

It does grind a bit, though, that my delay pedal was three times as expensive as my amp :D
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @digitalscream I have to say dude, the best sound you ever had live was the JetCity. 

I agree, having something you know absolutely inside out is the best way to great tone. 
  • @digitalscream I have to say dude, the best sound you ever had live was the JetCity. 

I agree, having something you know absolutely inside out is the best way to great tone. 
    Cheers :)

The funny part is that I've lost count of the number of times people asked me if the JCA50H (without the logo) was a boutique amp of some sort, made even sweeter when they're told that it's a £240 amp and watching their eyes pop out of their heads :D
    <space for hire>

Cheers :)

The funny part is that I've lost count of the number of times people asked me if the JCA50H (without the logo) was a boutique amp of some sort, made even sweeter when they're told that it's a £240 amp and watching their eyes pop out of their heads :D
    Sell me your eventide for stupid cheap and I'll continue to stoke your ego publicly. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom