some people really don't need haircuts

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
A guy at work announced that he was getting a haircut at lunch. I was a tad surprised as I would class his hair as very short. Anyway, he rolled back in scalped all around the back and sides, with just some left on top. Kind of reminds me of a plucked but uncooked chicken now. I never understand why people go for a haircut like that, I wouldn't call it a great look, it's not a babe-magnet look for sure. I find this all the time when I'm at the barbers - people walk in and I'm thinking "seriously? you want it shorter????"

People are obviously entitled to have their hair however they want, but yeah, it surprises me.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12436
    One of the security guards at my last workplace had three different, very obvious, wigs. He'd wear the short one for a week, then the medium one, then the longest length before announcing he "needed a haircut". I think the only bloke he was fooling was himself.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited October 2016
    boogieman said:
    One of the security guards at my last workplace had three different, very obvious, wigs. He'd wear the short one for a week, then the medium one, then the longest length before announcing he "needed a haircut". I think the only bloke he was fooling was himself.
    reminds me of the chap the Roald Dahl shared a cabin aboard a steamer with when he was a young man on his way to Africa. 
    The chap would dust his shoulders with epsom salts before going to dinner. Which puzzled Roald until he eventually confronted him about it. 
    Turns out, that he was completely bald and wore a wig. But as a businessman who deals mostly with Sikhs, he discerned that they were proud of their hair and its length and would therefore be reluctant to do business with a bald man. 
    Therefore he would dust the salts on his shoulders, go to dinner with these men before making a show of beating it off his shoulders, cursing his damnable dandruff before asking the sikhs advice on hair care! 

rather clever, if misguided I thought! 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Problem solved:

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I get mine done every 4 weeks, number one back and sides and a bit taken off the top.  
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12430
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    My hair's relatively long on top and short at the sides. I'm making the most of it given that my dad starting losing his hair in his 30s and my brother's hairline was receding by 24. That said, they both had similar hair but mine's nothing alike so maybe I'll grow old with some left.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2256
    I use a disposable razor on mine every 3-4 days. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I used to go to a brilliant barbers in Bristol, but it took on average an hour and forty five minutes to get a hair cut! Now I don't know about you, but I have better things to do rather than sit in a barbers all day. That large waiting time is mainly due to guys getting imho an unnecessary haircut  before me.
    I go about once every six weeks, usually at the point where I can't really tame my hair anymore with wax. Luckily I've found a decent hairdressers elsewhere. Otherwise i'd go back to shaving my head once a month.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6186
    I wish I has enough enough hair to justify a visit the the barber :'(
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • DrJazzTap said:
    I used to go to a brilliant barbers in Bristol, but it took on average an hour and forty five minutes to get a hair cut! Now I don't know about you, but I have better things to do rather than sit in a barbers all day. That large waiting time is mainly due to guys getting imho an unnecessary haircut  before me.
    I go about once every six weeks, usually at the point where I can't really tame my hair anymore with wax. Luckily I've found a decent hairdressers elsewhere. Otherwise i'd go back to shaving my head once a month.
    1 hour 45 mins is a bit too long to wait I agree with you on that one.  I always make an appointment.  
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited October 2016
    Yep, thats why appointments exist. I remember the barbers I used to go to when I was at school people used to say "take a tent" you would go in there at 4.00 in the afternoon after school and come out at about 7 or 8pm at night. If you went on a saturday he used to open at 6am in the morning and there would be a queue of about 8 people already waiting in line outside the door. popular guy. always 20 mins per haircut, just had lots of people queuing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    I have a small amount of short hair. The thing is if your hair style is short say 5mm, and grows at a rate of 3mm a week, then every two weeks it has more than doubled in length and needs cutting.
    If your hair is 150mm-200mm long then 4 weeks growth is harder to spot.
    Some youngsters have style impressed on thier souls, the great thing about hair is you can change styles over the years and decades (otherwise there would be lots more mullets, skinheads, DAs etc. still about), the same can't be said for permanant adornments.
    For my part I struggled to have 'style' when I had lots of hair because it curled in a type of wide flat topped afro! Never really had the chance to be 'in style' when long hair was hip. Kinda got used to being just me as a result.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4327
    octatonic said:
    Problem solved:

Am I alone in imagining this could be what Sambostar looks like?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom