JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
anyone know where i can get 10k or 25k linear 
pots for use in a crybaby ? 

Hoping to use as an expression pedal 

thanks in advance 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    They don't work well as expression pedals due to the rack and pinion not turning the pot through its full travel, from experience.

If it's a standard 3-wire (TRS jack) expression pedal the stock 100K pot will actually work OK, within that limitation.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Thanks for feedback - re the travel piece ;  I did see a different gearing option from one company to address this but maybe I'll just buy a cheapie elsewhere .. 
  • ICBM said:
    They don't work well as expression pedals due to the rack and pinion not turning the pot through its full travel, from experience.

If it's a standard 3-wire (TRS jack) expression pedal the stock 100K pot will actually work OK, within that limitation.
    I believe he's using it with a TC flashback, if so you 'teach' the unit the min and max points of the exp travel. 
    So shouldn't be an issue. 

But it it's a good point for using elsewhere. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.