Advice needed Recto-Verb 25/Shin Juku Drive

ChéChé Frets: 305
edited October 2016 in Amps
Hey guys, gonna keep it short and sweet.

Age old dilemma but with the MXR Shin Juku pedal out I'm tempted to go back to pedals plus clean amp. Only other thing is I'm tempted by the Recto-Verb 25 for all round gigging and studio purposes.

Recto would give me more tones (I play in a Neo Soul Jazz Band, a Funk Reggae Band with Latin touches a la Santana and a metal band that's borderline thrash/doom (High on Fire/Mastodon esque) but thinking a pedal for the time being would be a cheaper option and use my other amps for other projects. I guess it comes down to how good the pedal is and how good the amp is. If the Recto-Verb will cover most of what I need in one amp it would be amazing.

Amps I currently own are Marshall JCM800 combo (needs a better speaker I think), Mesa MK I RI (too many mids and hard to switch between decent clean and lead with out pedals - although I try with dual vol guitars and it occasionally works).

Recto-verb is also super lightweight (from what I've read) but I've never played one and can't seem to find one anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with it? Also, is anywhere stocking the Shin-Juku yet?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom