Tremolo

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Just recently while on my YouTube searches I've come across tremolo pedals being used and really like what I hear, now, I have a phaser, flanger a chorus and vibe pedal but just don't seem to be able to replicate that lush tremolo sound so I guess I'm in the market for a tremolo pedal! So, what should I be looking at? Any recommendations? I know of the Strymon Flint but not a lot else so your recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The Source Audio Vertigo is ace, as is the Suhr Jack Rabbit.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    empress tremolo (version 1) does it for me. Really nice and versatile.
  • Yep the empress is great, and I'm selling mine as I got a Mobius!  http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72535/fs-empress-tap-tremolo

• empress tremolo (version 1) does it for me. Really nice and versatile.
    Yep: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/79500/fs-empress-tremolo

;)
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Diamond TRM1 for me. Loves it I does.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• The bonus of the Flint is the absolutely out of this world reverb. The trem on that is also beautiful, but I never find myself using it.

The Dawner Prince Starla always really intrigued me and I've always wanted one. But it's an expensive one. Again, not sure I'd ever use it very much.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539

For a simple amp like trem, the best I've found are the Demeter Tremulator, basic but great sounding, although has a slight volume boost you can't dial out. The Hampstead Signature Trem, expensive but great sounding with independent boost. Or the Mojohand Bayou (I happen to have one for sale in the classifieds!) which is as simple and nice as the Demeter but with crucial volume knob.

For more complex / extreme Trem, I've no idea as I've never gone down that road.

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    The mooer trelicopter is ace, and cheap as chips.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    The bonus of the Flint is the absolutely out of this world reverb. The trem on that is also beautiful, but I never find myself using it.

The Dawner Prince Starla always really intrigued me and I've always wanted one. But it's an expensive one. Again, not sure I'd ever use it very much.
    The problem with the Flint is the reverb as I already have the Bluesky. I'm sadly going to put up my Firebottle for sale so I'll have a better budget for the Tremolo, I like the look of the Empress but am still open to other suggestions for time being. Thank you all for your suggestions, I'll get on to YouTube and check them out.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5282
    bit pricey but Kingsley Bard is a stunner and also one of the best clean boosts around   think there is one for grabs on here or the 'bay....
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    mgaw said:
    bit pricey but Kingsley Bard is a stunner and also one of the best clean boosts around   think there is one for grabs on here or the 'bay....
    It does sound impressive, impressive price though.Not cheap but the Fulltone Supa Term seems to be almost the pro standard for vintage style tremolo. Fredric Effects do a vintage style tremolo as well.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • +1 for the Flint, the 3 trems on there are really distinct. Subtle to mental; the photocell trem is a lot of fun.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    I've been through a few. For basic, no frills, the Danelectro Cool Cat Trem and the Boss TR-2 are good. Both are long gone since I got a Suhr Jack Rabbit though which is in a different league.

The Jack Rabbit has a variety of wave shapes (including sine, triangle and square), can do tap tempo (via strum or tap input) AND serves double duty as an effective clean boost - dial the depth to zero and crank the volume to taste. Great pedal. Quite pricey but does everything I want in a compact footprint.
  • Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    edited October 2016
    How much are you willing to spend? You've mentioned the Flint so I'm guessing quite a lot ;). On the less expensive end theres the Boss TR-2. Not as featureful as some of the others mentioned but still a solid, great sounding trem.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    The bard is a dream, but as my tech said "it's like delivering a pizza in a ferrari". 
    The boost is the same as the mid boost on the jester and I'm sure that a clever bod could mod it for extra gain a la Kingsley Page. 
  • @zepp76 the Flint is well regarded and theres plenty about in shops, you may find that it could* replace your bluesky, unless you use it for shimmers?

@zepp76 the Flint is well regarded and theres plenty about in shops, you may find that it could* replace your bluesky, unless you use it for shimmers?
    @Jonathanthomas83 hmm, that could be an option I hadn't thought about. It would free up a bit more space on the board, can you use the tremolo and reverb simultaneously?
  • @zepp76 yes, and you can switch the order too. Reverb > trem or Trem > reverb, all three trems are beautiful and the reverbs, all three, sublime!

I'll go have a listen on YouTube and make up my mind.
    Diamond TRM1 for me. Loves it I does.
    @Col_Decker  That is a great pedal, I just watched a clip where he has it in chop mode and on triplet and it nails Pink Floyd .One of these days, very impressive! One to think about methinks.