If it's not overcast where you live.....

What's Hot
..it may well be worth venturing outside and looking north. The aurora watch websites are saying that it's likely that the aurora will be visible in the entirety of the UK.
 Of course, it's bloody well cloudy here. Harrumph!
My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
I said maybe.....
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7082
    tFB Trader
    Cloudy here and to the North we have the orange glow of Manchester. Our very own aurora every night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2016
    No cloud here and couldn't see shite all at all.  Just toned that down a bit as it was a bit irrelevant.  It's true about the sandwiches though eh.  Disappointed as I couldn't see anything down here and it was a clear night.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    edited October 2016
    Well id never thought id say this @Sambostar but you are actually full of such crap. I cant read any more of your irreverent bile anymore. Ignored
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Cloudy here too. Me and the misses took a trip to Rekjavik (spelling?) to see the lights back in 2010. It was a full moon and right at the end of the season in March so didn't see any of it. Cool country though. Very lunar
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    DesVegas said:
    Well id never thought id say this @Sambostar but you are actually full of such crap. I cant read any more of you irreverent bile anymore. Ignored
    Me too, can't be bothered scrolling past his posts any more. He ruins any thread he's in.

As for the northern lights, saw the news yesterday evening and considered taking a drive to see what I could spot. Problem is, living at the south tip of Brum the entire northern sky is lit up by either Brum itself, or coventry and the black country if I go east or west. The peak district would be the best bet but my meteor hunting trips have taught me the futility of staying out until 2am on a school night.

We're planning a trip to iceland next year as a kind of delayed honeymoon, so maybe we'll have luck there though it sounds like the sun is approaching its solar minimum now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24851
    Cloudy here and to the North we have the orange glow of Manchester. Our very own aurora every night.
    My dining room had an orange glow this morning.

Some twat had egged the window over night....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Cirrus good call. Iceland was amazing
  • Cloudy here and to the North we have the orange glow of Manchester. Our very own aurora every night.

Bloody yuppies...they use bricks this side....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

Clear night for us last night but I didn't see anything as I didn't read this thread until just now.

Balls

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Cirrus said:
    DesVegas said:
    Well id never thought id say this @Sambostar but you are actually full of such crap. I cant read any more of you irreverent bile anymore. Ignored
    Me too, can't be bothered scrolling past his posts any more. He ruins any thread he's in.
    Would be interesting to see how many of his youtube links are never played by anyone. I suspect it's quite a lot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24851
    richardhomer said:

Bloody yuppies...they use bricks this side....
    Forensics are testing it to establish if it was organic....

The Rozzers here will take it very seriously if it wasn't....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I presume it was part of this Halloween malarky?

Last year two "kids" knocked on our door...I say kids, one had a bloody beard..I didn't know whether to give him a few toffees, or a can of bitter. 

At least they knocked I suppose...they all don't you know...
  • 'Twas overcast here, and I live near a "nightsun" that is an international container base, so I saw absolutely nowt :(
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Not a cloud in the sky here and the only thing I can see is a circling helicopter searching for illegal immigrants' boats.

Then again, I am in Malta.