getting mp3s to play back in the right order

I've got a folder mp3s of tunes I've been working on recently and I want them to appear in a particular order when I open them in Groove music.
Is the best way to stick 01, 02 etc at the beginning of the title? I'd rather put it in the metadata if possible...

:)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1583
    No idea about Groove music, but I've used mp3tag to edit mp3 metadata in the past when I've needed to. Most legit downloads should have the metadata anyhow, and I use Exact Audio Copy to rip cds, which has a feature to import the metadata for you, so generally I don't need to bother, but mp3tag has been handy when needed
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5551
    edited October 2016
    I've got a stack of albums on a USB stick in my car and the tracklistings are all over the place on some of them despite the tracks being numbered 01, 02 etc. and it's been bugging me how to fix it.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6911
    DiscoStu said:
    I've got a stack of albums on a USB stick in my car and the tracklistings are all over the place on some of them despite the tracks being numbered 01, 02 etc. and it's been bugging me how to fix it.
    Car MP3 players mainly read files in the order they were written to the USB stick!! Stupid method as most PCs write them in a random order. There's some shareware that will re-write the files on a USB stick in sequential order that I've used to fix this issue- I'll post its name when I next boot up the PC
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Well I appear to have found the answer to my question - right click the file, properties, then the details tab allows you view and edit the metadata, and you can also select which fields are included, one of which is track number. Nice and straightforward really, although I have yet to test it in practice. When I asked google, most of the results were about the car usb problem.

Thanks for your contributions chaps!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6911
    Ah so your original files didn't have any metadata tags setup? That would explain it! I didn't understand that from your original post.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1