Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I can cope with the moronic delivery man, however...

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1192
edited October 2016 in Off Topic
It's the social media team pretending that they can somehow help do something about it THAT REALLY DRIVES ME NUTS!

Bad enough that my delivery driver was so quick to f*** off that by the time I got to the front door the f***er was already aawy, but what made it ten times worse was being suckered into believing the @DPD_UK social media team could somehow help.

Of course, looking at it now, I can see that there on line social media presense is just a bollocks smoke and mirrors diversion, but for several hours this afternoon I hung around believing that these nice (read ****ing useless) poor souls handling then @DPD_UK social media accounts might somehow prevail upon the driver to have mercy and drop by later... yes, I know! Niave as f**k! BUT I DID!!!

Now I hate myself and I hate them too. Total c**ts!

As a result, being a petty bastard, I won't be using @GuitarGuitar for a long time. 

That's all.

Feel free to share any courier hatred here... that might actually help.

cam f
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12450
    edited October 2016
    I don't know why guitarguitar carry on using them. A couple of years back they left my new Les Paul leaning against the front door, in full view of a fairly busy road, in a big box with "Gibson" written all over it. Somehow it didn't get stolen. The courier claimed somebody had signed for it. Last time I checked the dog still hasn't learnt to write his name, but he was the only one home. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1192
    That's seriously shite... if only someone could set up a decent delivery service with drivers who have decent conditions and feel respected and part of something cherished by a grateful nation, I'm sure things would improve... like say, a public service... like, say... a post office.

Ha, remember these happy days? Nothing ever went wrong back then. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I had a delivery by DX today, i saw the inside of the van and watched the boke walk over the parcels chucked randomly in the back. They had my package for less than 12 hours on an overnight and they managed to rip an a3 sized hole in it and lose parts of my new bike for me. 
    There was someones delivery from wickes in there too - some nice new pine laminate floorboards. I could tell, as there was only approx 30% of the original packaging remaining which was held on by packing tape that DX had clearly applied to hold it together. (The original packing tape had Wickes logo on it) 

The company I have bought from were and are ace, but DX are a pile of fucking shit. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    Huh. My experience of DPD is overwhelmingly positive, and light years ahead of any other multi-drop couriers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @lofi I'm sure they must get it right some of the time... I guess?

It wasn't the delivery itself that was the main problem for me, but, as I said, it was the promises that someone from the social media team would respond and help which just rubbed a whole pile of salt in the wound... a load of patronising and dishonest bollocks!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    DPD don't knock. 

UPS break amps. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6773
    I had several deliveries from myHermes, who got paid to delivery and receive a signature. On two occasions I was in and one parcel contained medical equipment with a value of £3000 in a box at the back of the house. No note, no nothing, no knock, no ring and it was there for 24 hours because stupid me didn't look at the back of the house. Another time they delivered signed for (and I was in) but they didn't knock or ring and left a box containing 72 packets of dextrose, and they left that out in the rain. Needless to say it got soaked through and the contents ruined. I did get a choice of refund or second delivery. 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12450
    edited October 2016

Hermes are brilliant here, but we have a very responsible and dedicated husband and wife team who do their deliveries. It's all down to who your local delivery people are. These guys are a rare breed, the rest are universally shit.

I had a Pacelforce guy knocking the other day asking if the house was no 20. I told him no (we're 17) but he didn't even seem to understand the concept that odd numbered houses are on one side of the road and evens on the other, because he immediately went next door to ask them the same question.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoFi said:
    Huh. My experience of DPD is overwhelmingly positive, and light years ahead of any other multi-drop couriers.
    So was mine until they lost an amp head and dented the fuck of a cab. Cunts!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6122
    LoFi said:
    Mine too.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23269
    Probably my worst courier experience was when I bought a guitar from the USA at the end of last year.  It was sent under the eBay Global Shipping scheme, where you pay the VAT and import duties up front.  Pitney Bowes collect it in the US, then it comes to a UK hub company who handle the import side, then they pass it on to Hermes for the actual delivery.  

So anyway, after a couple of weeks of this fannying around it was with Hermes and supposedly "out for delivery", but they claimed they couldn't deliver due to "restricted access" - which is complete horseshit, there is no restriction. Then - according to the online tracking - my guitar spent a few days travelling around various UK depots, with me assuming they'd make a "second" delivery attempt at some point, but in fact they just sent it back to the USA.  I don't think they ever even made a single delivery attempt.  They certainly didn't leave a card.  If it wasn't for the online tracking I'd have known nothing about it.

So I put in a claim with eBay, asking for a refund but in fact it hadn't gone back to the seller, it only got as far as the US shipping hub.  Then eBay arranged to ship it back to me, this time by DHL, who didn't fuck anything up.  It was still in tune after three crossings of the Atlantic.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Terrible shame.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    edited October 2016
    <ADMIN EDIT: racist comment removed>
    Twice I was tracking them as they got closer to my house when I receive a random picture of someone else's front door of the same house number and a text to say I was out. Then you cannot track online any further!
    After frantic phone calls and polite but firm requests to contact the driver to immediately 're-deliver' they turn up in a private car. On asking the chap what happened he feints any use of English and says 'satnav innit'
    My house and street is 120 years old and has always been satnav and google maps friendly.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2016
    Probably one of the worst jobs known to man.  3.5T Courier delivery.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27351
    TNT are very good in my experience. But usually double the price anyone wants to pay...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    boogieman said:

Hermes are brilliant here, but we have a very responsible and dedicated husband and wife team who do their deliveries. It's all down to who your local delivery people are. These guys are a rare breed, the rest are universally shit.

I had a Pacelforce guy knocking the other day asking if the house was no 20. I told him no (we're 17) but he didn't even seem to understand the concept that odd numbered houses are on one side of the road and evens on the other, because he immediately went next door to ask them the same question.

He would have been correct to do so in my street, although should surely have tried 3 houses down and not next door. Although opposite us are gates/wooden doors in the big boundary walls of the huge houses with fronts in another street, converted into entrances to the ground floor flat, so there are clues to be had for any delivery person who can give a feck.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Yeah... tales of woe and madness. :)
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I think there must be a magpie working for Royal mail in our area as the last three items I've bought have never shown up, they're a month overdue.  :p
    I got in touch with the three different companies & they  all said the items were posted the very next day.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5636
    edited October 2016
    Philly_Q said:
    Probably my worst courier experience was when I bought a guitar from the USA at the end of last year.  It was sent under the eBay Global Shipping scheme, where you pay the VAT and import duties up front. 
    The eBay Global Shipping Programme is horrendous - it takes an absolute age for goods to arrive.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    I've never had any courier problems no matter what provider I use. DPD and UPS have been fantastic.

Hearing some of these stories though...makes me think my first problem is just around the corner.