Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I can cope with the moronic delivery man, however...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    boogieman said:

Hermes are brilliant here, but we have a very responsible and dedicated husband and wife team who do their deliveries. It's all down to who your local delivery people are. These guys are a rare breed, the rest are universally shit.

I had a Pacelforce guy knocking the other day asking if the house was no 20. I told him no (we're 17) but he didn't even seem to understand the concept that odd numbered houses are on one side of the road and evens on the other, because he immediately went next door to ask them the same question.

He would have been correct to do so in my street, although should surely have tried 3 houses down and not next door. Although opposite us are gates/wooden doors in the big boundary walls of the huge houses with fronts in another street, converted into entrances to the ground floor flat, so there are clues to be had for any delivery person who can give a feck.
    We have a big fuck off "17" in 6 inch high numbers on the front of the house and next door have "19" screwed to their front door. Also I don't think there's any streets round here that don't have odds on one side and evens on the other. I think he was just a dipshit. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We use DPD at work, and I have to say...they've always been absolutely stellar. We send several hundred thousand packages a year, and have less than a couple of hundred with issues; that's a pretty good hit rate in my book.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4228
    hotpot said:
    I think there must be a magpie working for Royal mail in our area as the last three items I've bought have never shown up, they're a month overdue.  :p
    I got in touch with the three different companies & they  all said the items were posted the very next day.
    Yeah several bits of my post sent Royal Mail have taken a frankly ridiculous amount of time to get to their destination lately, neatly coinciding with the recent privatisation.

Always swear by DPD, but I do think it comes down to your local driver.  Ours is very good - our house is a pain in the backside to find and he delivers and hides the parcel where we've agreed like clockwork.  It's not a job I'd fancy and he does it bloody well.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    edited October 2016
    My complaint wasn't with DPD per se (it kind of was, but hey...), my gripe is with their twitter team giving the false impression that they could address a problem. I'm sure the service is generally fine and the app seems good, but it really pisses me off that have a couple of people retweeting smiley faces and successful deliveries who deliberately give an impression they can help by asking for your details and then saying they'll get back to you... as it turns out, that seems to mean the next day, if you're lucky.
  • derndern Frets: 357
    DPD = Dumb Polish Driver.
    This is unacceptable in my opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4228
    camf said:
    My complaint wasn't with DPD per se (it kind of was, but hey...), my gripe is with their twitter team giving the false impression that they could address a problem. I'm sure the service is generally fine and the app seems good, but it really pisses me off that have a couple of people retweeting smiley faces and successful deliveries who deliberately give an impression they can help by asking for your details and then saying they'll get back to you... as it turns out, that seems to mean the next day, if you're lucky.
    Fully agree with you there - and it's a shame too because they have a golden opportunity to make their image shine. 
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    DPD have always been great for me, a lot of that is down to our local driver, really nice guy. 
  • marcus449marcus449 Frets: 151
    DPD = Dumb Polish Driver.

No need for this, nationality has zero correlation to incompetence. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • To be quite honest, I get incandescently angry driving on our roads round the corner to bloody Tesco...imagine having to multidrop 50+ parcels a day, every day. 

I wouldn't last half a shift.

My patience with couriers is based on the fact that I couldn't do their job, for any money. By en large I find em a cheerful and reliable bunch of people. 
  • boogieman said:
    I don't know why guitarguitar carry on using them. A couple of years back they left my new Les Paul leaning against the front door, in full view of a fairly busy road, in a big box with "Gibson" written all over it. Somehow it didn't get stolen. The courier claimed somebody had signed for it. Last time I checked the dog still hasn't learnt to write his name, but he was the only one home. 
    Whenever that happens to me now, I claim non-receipt and request a refund or replacement. The retailer can then claim against the courier repeatedly until they finally sack the useless chunk of flesh that does the delivery for them.

Example: I order through Amazon regularly (Prime) and have an arrangement with my landlord who lives next door that I can have things delivered into his letterbox when nobody is home, as it has a big lift-up lid that can accommodate parcels. This is clearly stated on my delivery preferences and hence printed on the parcel itself. Courier proceeds to ignore this and instead push the parcel through the open window of someone else's flat. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom