RC Booster vs Keeley Mod Blues Drive

joe2517joe2517 Frets: 2
Hey guys,

Which of these do you guys think is the more transparent? I already like the tone of my overdrives but I'm just looking for something to push them a little harder for solos.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nobels odr-1 :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    the RC Booster is a totally transparent clean boost with the Treble and Bass at unity and the gain down. So too is the Mooer Pure Boost clone (which handily I can sell you cheap if you wish. PM me if so).

• Ok, so is the Keeley mod Blues Driver not totally transparent then? I thought it was
  • Magnetic_EffectsMagnetic_Effects Frets: 135
    tFB Trader
    I would say the RC Booster would be better suited for your purpose.
  • Great, thanks man
  • I have a Keeley mod BD (not by Keeley but same mod) and it's an awesome pedal, but I wouldn't call it transparent, id say a TS type pedal would be a better bet at pushing an already cooking pedal, I use a TS type (TC dark matter) to boost my BD, using the BD to push another pedal ended up quite flubby due to the huge low end from the BD. 
    The other option would be the classic Klon/Klone to push another pedal. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited October 2016
    might help - otherwise there's other stuff in their list on boosts into overdrives; stacking and amp matching