Thunder. Thunder. Thunder. Thundercats! Hoooooo!

What's Hot
DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Come back John Gregson!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Who is John Gregson?
    Thundercats, that's cool.
    The theme to "He-Man" (Dolph Lundregn version) is also cool. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Who is John Gregson?
    Shame on you, Ross! You met him at IGF.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    That's a nicely figured neck - and the one on the guitar's not bad either! 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Who is John Gregson?
    Shame on you, Ross! You met him at IGF.

Did I? Damn, do long ago. Or this is a pisstake lol. It was quite some time ago actually, miss it!
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    thomasross20 said:
    Did I? Damn, do long ago. Or this is a pisstake lol. It was quite some time ago actually, miss it!
    I didn't know him until he surfaced on Intermusic, Tiggs. Here you go: http://www.johngregson.co.uk/
  • Something about him does ring a bell..
  • I don't get it,how come he can do all the really difficult tapping and leads and stuff but for the single bar that he chugs on the bottom string he totally flubs it.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @PolarityMan He's not really a metaller, it's true. He does pit work mostly, from what I gather from his twitter, and moonlights on other fretted instruments. Not much call for Hetfield right-hand jackhammering there.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    I think I sold a guitar to this guy a few years ago. I went to meet a guy that looked just like him at Bradford Alhambra where he was playing in Bodyguard the musical.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7373
    Yeah it was him.
  • I don't get it,how come he can do all the really difficult tapping and leads and stuff but for the single bar that he chugs on the bottom string he totally flubs it.
    Yeah, I wondered about that. I know John really well and he's got great timing usually. Dunno why he ballsed that up. I guess this was probably done first take for a laugh so he just didn't bother to fix it.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • So there I was, idly browsing my site stats for the first time in forever, and find this link, so please pardon me necroposting...
    Hello all & sundry from IGF, Twitter, Youtube, guitar sales in Bradford etc etc...
    Yay! :) Welcome, @john_gregson!
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    So there I was, idly browsing my site stats for the first time in forever, and find this link, so please pardon me necroposting...
    Hello all & sundry from IGF, Twitter, Youtube, guitar sales in Bradford etc etc...
    Necroposting  . . . like Mumrah the EVERLIVING !!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    So there I was, idly browsing my site stats for the first time in forever, and find this link, so please pardon me necroposting...
    Necroposting  . . . like Mumrah the EVERLIVING !!!
    Busted!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So, this video was a bit of fun I had a few years ago - it was a request from an old school friend for their wedding anniversary. Just wanted some tasteless shred over their favourite TV theme. Who am I to turn down a friend?!
    Once it was done (2 takes, obviously no effort whatsoever taken to remove the VERY LOUD original guitar track, and my old headphones cutting out during the rather embarrassing low-E chug which has probably cost me some gigs now) I thought it was a good laugh, plus I never get a chance to do gonzo tapping at 'work', so unleashed unto the interwebs.

If anyone actually likes that tapping stuff, I might do a lesson on it - a good excuse to get me practising, actually...
  • Basically, I don't have the production values or dress sense to be a Youtube sensation.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom