SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R Amp/Head + Bad Cat Hot Cat 2 x 12" Speaker Cabinet - £1,650

What's Hot
jonnyedwardsjonnyedwards Frets: 2
edited November 2016 in Amps £

If you are looking at this listing, you know exactly what you are looking at...a hand made, A class, 2 channel, all tube 30 watt amp which produces incredible cleans, full of punch with a healthy dose of crunch through channel 1, and a high gain dripping with complex mids and tight lows channel 2, full of amazing amounts of tone definition. The power tubes are 2 X EL34 with pre-amp channel one having 1 X 12AX7 as well as pre-amp channel two having 1 X 12AX7.

Purchased new in July 2010 from Mansons, for just over £3,000 (I still have the receipt), I've used this amp only at home, and it pains me to say it, very little...

The amp is heavy, reassuringly heavy and is finished in the more hardwearing tolex as opposed to vinyl.  Everything about it oozes quality. The build, the craftsmanship, the weight, the style, the sound, the controls, the components, and the backlit Bad Cat logo which tells you when this animal is turned on and ready to sing - it's a real thing of beauty.

It's loud, and has the ability to be really loud, however even at low volume this incredible amp produces a sound that only a Bad Cat amp can create. The thickness and tone that comes from the speakers is jaw droppingly good. It's hand wired, point-to-point, made in the USA, and is built to last.

Perfectly paired with its matching black tolex 2x12 cab, this really is a serous piece of kit. The cab too is extremely well made and built with the same quality materials used in the amps themselves. It's heavy and built to last. It houses 2 X 12" celestion speakers and is open backed giving the fullest sound possible.

It's easy to adjust the sound through the front panel, and with a little playing around you will find your perfect pitch. This amp has won numerous awards since first coming into production and you will have to look incredibly hard to find a better amp than this. It copes with everything from a clean sparkle to complex harmonics and rich saturation. This version also has the controllable reverb toggle, which is a really lovely addition.

The Hot Cat 30R features a unique preamp section that offers a wide-range of clean and overdrive tones. It’s a dual channel amp that offers more tone shaping options than many other two or multi-channel amps.

Channel 1 and 2 are controlled through a Bad Cat foot switch, which also comes as part of this sale along with the original owners manual and receipt received at the time of purchase (along with a spare bulb and glass fuse). The amp can operate in three modes: clean, overdrive/distortion and a combination of both.

It's in incredible condition and when not in use it's been protected with a specially made soft cover (made to fit the rig with the head in place). There is one small mark to the tolex that I can see on one side of the cab, it’s an extremely small scuff more than anything and is virtually impossible to spot unless you are up close and looking for imperfections. The cover is included in the sale.

This is a simply brilliant boutique amp. I've loved every minute of owning it, and if it wasn't for wanting to downsize a little to a combo, I wouldn't even be thinking about selling it (the combo version of this is at the top of my list).

As already stated, this is a heavy piece of equipment and I wouldn't want to send it by courier. Not just because of the weight though. It's a handmade valve amp and I wouldn't want anyone other than myself, or the new owner to move it. Pick up from St Agnes in Cornwall is therefore preferable, however, I travel to Bristol each week for work and so would be happy to bring it to Bristol with me if it suited, or, could meet anywhere between my home and work address etc.

Feel free to get in touch with any questions on 07894647404. I'd consider a sensible offer but won't be giving this ridiculously good piece of kit away.

Many thanks for looking.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments